Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Speeding Up That Metabolism

Hello Weight Losing Fans.

I have an idea that I want to share with you. Someone told me, "I have a slow metabolism."

I am assuming this slow metabolism is responsible for someone not being able to lose weight.

I guess this may be right. A slow metabolism may mean that the body's fat cooker is on the fritz.
The body can't burn fat with a slow fat cooker.

So let's examine the slow metabolism. First: let's examine the thyroid. The thyroid is responsible for producing energy. If the thyroid is under active it is producing less energy. If there is a problem with the thyroid then a doctor should be consulted.

Let's examine another way to effect the metabolism. This is called eating food. Yes I wrote eat food. Eat foods rich in iodine that effect the thyroid, which effects the metabolism.

Don't skip meals. Eat in the morning, eat in the noon hours, and eat in the evening. Maybe eat six or so times a day. This way the body has to be metabolizing food. If there is no food and the body kicks into low then there is no fat burning.

Build more muscle. That's right if the body has muscle mass, it needs more energy. Building muscle in the legs by doing leg lifts and standing squats will help.

Build more muscle in the arms. That's right more muscle in the arms will help to burn fat.

Here is how to build muscle in the arms. Use weights that stress the arm to fatigue out. Then press a little beyond the fatigue. This will build muscle.

These are some over simplified ways to increase the body's metabolism.

For more details about what I wrote about search the internet. These suggestions are far to complicated in detail to address in this blog.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...