Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Get Radical With Your Weight

Hello weight losing fans...

And with the wave of my magical wand and a cross of my little fingers behind my back I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.2-pounds.

Yep, that's a new record for this weight losing season. Albeit it's a tiny little 0.4-pounds. I'll take it.

Didn't I tell you all that it was just stuff waiting to leave? I think I did.

How did you like my post yesterday? Now my name is going up onto the Federal Bureau of Investigations top watched list. And of course my name and picture are going into the ACLU's computers as well.

Getting Radical Is What It Takes
Are you looking in that that mirror in the morning and seeing a bulge and then ignoring it?

Do you step up onto the scale and see you've gained weight but refuse to get alarmed?

Do you go to the restaurant everyday and eat big meals without any regard as to what you are consuming?

Then you need to get radical. Yes I mean radical. You have to do the things that many people won't. You have to cut back on your food consumption.

It will mean that you can't eat that big stack of pancakes everyday. It will mean that you will have to start paying attention to what you are eating, not just some of the time, but all the time.

Then when you have developed that habit, you have to do it for all the rest of your life. Everyday for the rest of your life you will have to be vigilant.

That's radical. Most people won't do it. Some people can't do it, they don't have the mental capacity for it. However if you have your wits, then you have no excuse.

I didn't write it would be easy.

Don't think for five seconds I like having to keep my food journal. Don't think for five seconds I like having to weigh myself all the time. Don't think for five seconds that I like the idea that for as long as I live I will have to be aware that if I let my guard down I will regain all the weight back.

Losing weight isn't my hobby. It's something that I have to do to get healthy again.

I am doing it for totally selfish reasons too. I want to feel better. I want to look better. I want to be able to move around better. I want to wear different clothes. It's all for me baby. That's that.

Bye for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...