Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Battle Must Go On: Losing Weight Is A Continuous Process

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 186.2-pounds.
That's up two days in a row after the record losses.

Hmm... I wonder, oh how I wonder, what has happened. Surely I must have been binging? Perhaps I was... No, not really.

Yesterday I had three small pancakes for breakfast, and syrup. That came in at 540 calories. I had a chocolate cake donut. There went 300 calories (Maybe more). For lunch I had an Italian sandwich. There went about 600 calories. So, I pushed up a little over the calorie count for the day. Oh, and I had a cup of wine last night. So, I am up at around 2000 calories.

Now, Is this what is responsible for my gains? Who knows?

It's like I wrote before, the weight goes up, and the weight goes down.

Someday I will hit that 160-pound target. Someday I will.

What about you? Are you even making a sincere effort to get off the unwanted pounds? I don't know.

Let's not forget that at this time last year I was at 240-pounds. I am coming up on my one year aniversary for this determined effort to get off the unwanted pounds.

I am determined to keep off what I have gotten off so far. Here is the clincher: I am not going to kill myself doing it. And, I am not in one of these total self denial modes either.

Yes, I look at every bite of food that I eat. Yes, I have to excercise caution. No, I can't continuously go overboard, and then expect to keep off the weight. I just can't.

So, the same goes for anyone else. It's a never ending, no not ever, ever never, ending battle. It's a war in fact with little battles along the way. It's "The Battle Of The Bulge."

And you and I are in that battle. And as long as we have our wits about us, we must continue on.

Bye for now...

1 comment:

A said...

My weight loss efforts continue as well, Mr. Dane. This week, since I started my journey in May, I will pass the 500-mile mark in miles run, and, in theory, will have lost 15.5+ lbs. Not so, as my calorie intake has increased, as has my muscle mass. I've lost nine pounds, which is still wonderful.

Two tools you and your readers might find handy are below. The first just asks you your weight and how far you went. The other is an article explaining the differences physiologically between walking and running. It relates this to calorie burning. Exercise is a key part of sustained fitness, so maybe your readers will find these helpful.

Calorie Calculator at Runner's World.com
The calorie calculator at Runner's World tells you how many calories you burned on your run, based on distance run and your weight.
www.runnersworld.com/cda/caloriecalculator/0,7153,s6-238-306-313-0-0-0-0,00.html

How Many Calories Are You Really Burning?
If you think running and walking both torch the same number of calories per mile, you better put down that cookie.
www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304-311-8402-0,00.html

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...