Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Can I Drink Beer And Lose Weight?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.4-pounds.

Huh? What's that? How is it that I can gain weight so fast? It's not what you think.

Last night I went to bed early around 8 PM. My hope was I would sleep all night and then wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 4 AM.

Well, I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 11 PM, with three hours of sleep. I tried to fall back to sleep, but I was raving hungry.
As a result I tried to get rid of the hunger with a cup of green tea and some honey. Nope, that didn't work. I drank a second cup. That didn't fix the hunger. Finally, I scooped out a tablespoon of chunky peanut butter and ate that off the spoon.
Today's weight is a result of retained fluids, and the peanut butter I consumed late last night.

I woke up at 4 AM, there wasn't enough time to digest and pass out what I drank and ate. So, there is the explanation for that.

Yesterday I did go over the 1,300 calories by about 400 calories. I don't think this is going to make me gain weight. It's only one day going over.

Can I Drink My Beer?
The other day I was talking to a man. I was telling him I lost 60 pounds. He told me that he used to be thin until he got married. He admitted that he has to lose 60-pounds.

He told me that he is going to have a hard time losing weight because he likes to drink his beer at night. I told this man that I was drinking beer and losing weight. I told him I added the beer to my total calorie count for the day.
I also told him that there really isn't any harm in having one or two beers at night. He told me he usually drinks more than that.

Here is my thought. Is he trying to escape his wife, or the child that his wife had 7 months ago? Is he trying to escape life period?

If it's more important to drink 3-4 bottles of beer a night, instead of concentrating on losing the weight, then maybe there is a problem there. I'm thinking a mild addiction to alcohol.

When I started losing weight I discovered I could get away with drinking one bottle of beer a night. If I drank more than that, then I found my weight loss progress slowed.

Now, having dropped 60-pounds, I can't drink more than two beers. If I do then I begin to get a buzz. Not only that, I also start getting sleepy. I find it very difficult to stay awake after drinking two beers.

I used to drink a beer, or a shot to go to sleep at night because of my weird, wacky work schedule. Lately I leave the stuff alone.

There isn't any harm consuming a beer at night. That is, only if you make sure you add those calories to the total calorie count for the day.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Jake Silver said...

Yeah before I was on Meds I used to hv the occassional Rum and Die Coke or Rum and Crystal Lite (fake margarita) and it never hurt my weight loss one bit. It's all about calories.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...