Friday, February 22, 2008

Sleepless In Wheaton: The Hunger Monster Struck With A Vengeance

Hello weight losing friends...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.4 pounds.
That's up again over my record, and it's up 0.2 pounds from yesterday.

This was the third day in a row that I woke up in the early morning hours, and found myself trying to fall back to sleep.

I was hungry again. This is getting old, real old. It put me in a dark mood. I decided to eat some Gingerbread Man Cookies. According to the panel on the box, five cookies was 150 calories.

I took the little Gingerbread Men out of the box and decided to make them pay for my lack of sleep. I tortured my Gingerbread Men as I ate them.

I took the Gingerbread Men and stacked them in my fist. I grabbed the first Gingerbread Man and bit off his left leg: Chomp! He started screaming. Then all the Gingerbread Men Started screaming and wailing.

The Gingerbread Man in my other hand was pleading, "Please don't eat me. No, don't bite me."
I bit off the right leg: Chomp! Ah, Ah, Screamed my Gingerbread Man.

Next I bit off his left arm: Chomp! My Gingerbread Man screamed in agony. Then I bit off his right arm. Ah, Ah, Ah.... Now, I sneered at my Gingerbread Man and laughed. I said, "You sure are a tasty Gingerbread Man." Then I chomped off his head.

I followed and ate the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Gingerbread Men. Then I got to the fifth Gingerbread Man. I was surprised at his arrogance. He laughed and said, "Go ahead and eat me fatso."
I said, "What did you say Gingerbread Man?"
My Gingerbread Man laughed and said, "Go ahead fat man, bite me. You can't control yourself you slob."
I said, "Oh yeah, take this Gingerbread Man." Then I snapped off the Gingerbread Man's left leg.
He laughed sadistically and said, "Oh, oh, oh that feels good. Do it again Fatso."
My lip curled under in displeasure, and my eyes squinted. And I said, "Is that so?"
I snapped off the Gingerbread Man's right leg. Again he laughed sadistically.
Then the Gingerbread Man said, "Hey Mr. Fatso, you missed something. Bite me right here." "Then he laughed again and said, "Go ahead bite me, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha."
I was furious at my Gingerbread Man Cookie. I snapped off his left arm. Then He laughed and said, "Oh, that feels good. Is that the best you can do fat man? Huh, go ahead why not bite me?"
Then my Gingerbread Man said, "If you eat me, you'll see me on that fat belly."
Then he started chanting, "Eat me, Bite me, Eat me, Bite me, Fat Man."

I took my Gingerbread Man into the bathroom and threatened to throw him into the toilet. He laughed and said, "Oh, go ahead fatso, I'd rather swim with the fish anyway, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha."
I threw him in the toilet and flushed him down.

Ya Know, there wasn't something right about that Gingerbread Man. I can't eat a Gingerbread Man that isn't screaming in fear and anguish when I chomp on him. It just ain't normal.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

I'm a little behind in my blog reading...here is my thought---maybe, just maybe, you need to eat more food...you are eating less, but the scale is staying in the same general area...maybe your body thinks "starvation" and is holding on...I've heard that when this happens you should eat more food for about a week...then go back to your "diet" level food intake...

It may be worth a try. When I lost 50 pounds on WW and had to struggle to get the last 5-10 off I went to bed hungry every night and had difficulty sleeping.. When I finally got into maintenance I got so tired of going to bed hungry and waking up, not being able to stay asleep, that it led to the middle of the night eating--- saltines and milk..I'd eat the whole stack of saltines and in the end I ate more calories than I would have if I'd eaten more during the day...I had that same clawing stomach hunger that you mention...it was the real deal...and there was no way I could sleep through it...

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...