Monday, March 24, 2008

Don't Expect Support Losing Weight

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Digital-Scale-weighing in at ??? I don't have my scale with me.

Yesterday was Easter. The Family was visiting at Grandma's. Food was laid out in a buffet type setting.
As I was picking around at things, I was carrying a piece of paper. I was writting down what I was nibbling on, and my main course items.

Wouldn't you know, as I was writting and thinking about what I was doing, here came the voices of devil's advocates. These are the onlookers who saw what I was doing and then told me today's a holiday. I don't have to write down what I was eating. I don't have excercise caution today, "It's a Holiday."

Well, as usual, I expected it. Then of course there were the usual conversations where people lied about their weight, and that they are normal weighing in at 320 pounds on a 5' 10" body. Or, that diets don't work. Oh, I guess I could eat another piece of cake, even thought I am diebetic, and on medication. If you're paying attention you'll hear these things too.

It's amazing how people begin to justify themselves as they watch me write stuff on a piece of paper. I was asked yesterday, well how much do you weigh anyway? Then I was told I don't need to lose anymore weight.
Gee thanks. The story is the same at every holiday.

Oh well, that's just the way it is. People are people.

Don't expect anyone, no not anyone, to support you to lose weight. You'll only be disappointed if you find yourself seeking approval trying to lose weight.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Got to hate that kind of criticism, which is in reality what you experienced...I imagine those around you see your example and get defensive and attack you instead of themselves...they know they should do better, but it's easier to shoot arrows at others...

David Dane said...

thanks dinah

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...