Monday, March 31, 2008

Losing Weight Doesn't Depend On A Postive Attitude

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183.4-pounds.

I guess the question is for me: Will my weight keep creeping up now? I imagine someone might think I am being careless with my consumption of food now.

So many people hit their target weight after a long period of time, which seems like forever, being careful about everything they eat. They get to the weight they want then only to slowly forget about what they originally wanted to be.

Over time we all seem to get forgetful or careless about weight. Then slowly all that poundage comes back. Well, I am here to say, no not me. Just because I am up some does not mean I have forgotten, or quit.

Remember, it's only been a little over one year and six months time that I couldn't button my pants anymore. It's only been a little bit of time, one year, that I have been posting on this blog.
Somewhere out there someone checks in on this blog. I imagine it's to see how the former preponderant is doing.

Perhaps, I am being secretly cheered on: Go David, Go David... You can do it.

Perhaps, secretly, I am being envied: Oh David, I hope you lose it. I hope you gather all that fat back, and more.

I don't know.

I do know this: You can do it. You can get that weight off of you. You can get down to a more reasonable weight. If you are over 100-pounds over the normal weight, then it may take two or more years. It may be a struggle for sure. But, all said and done, you can do it.

It doesn't depend on you being "Positive" either. This modern day "positive mental attitude" cult like behavior of people sickens me.

Your disposition, or your attitude has nothing to do with you losing weight. You don't have to wake up smiling ear to ear to lose weight. You may feel like someone who just got run over by a truck, and you can still lose weight. You can.

And, if you lose a significant amount of weight, don't be surprised if your "attitude" automatically gets better, because you'll be feeling better.

I am not a big one on self esteem. I thing many self esteem pushers are really pushing narcissism. The self focus people emphasize is destructive.

I wasn't turning inward to lose weight. I was actually turning outward to lose weight. I had to give up the one thing near and dear to me, and that was food. Yes, I had to forfeit my comfort to gain something better in the end.

How I felt about the process didn't matter. How you feel about the process doesn't matter. What matters is will you take the actions necessary to regain your health? Attitude has nothing to do with it.

I will prove it to you. I will lock you away in a room without food. You'll lose weight. I guarantee you will. Will you be healthy? No, but you will lose weight.

I have hundreds of posts that I have written for this blog. If you have time, you'll find I haven't been pushing for dramatic results losing weight. I advocate, steady, easy does it. This is a life long process.

You may go forward, and then you will go backwards. It's hard to break those old habits. It's hard to unlearn what has been learned, and then use the new knowledge. We all like to remain at the same place.

You may be in an environment where you feel like it's all you. You may be in an environment where you feel like it's not worth it anymore. This is a time to say: God help me. God's not far away. After all, he is omnipresent.

Who's to say, who's life you may change by you changing yours? Who's life might you ultimately save by your example? Who may be out there wondering, "What can I do?"
Who may wake up, because of you?

You don't know. Each life touches anthers. Big, or small, famous, or not, our life touches others.

Give it the one-two-try. Make up your mind to get off those extra pounds.

Ultimately, you'll have to sacrifice. Yep, you'll have to "EAT LESS FOOD."

I know you didn't want to read that. I know. I don't like it anymore than you.

I am better off for it. I really am.

You will be too. Trust me when I write that. You'll be better off.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Very good points you raise there David.

David Dane said...

Thankyou Andrew...

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...