Friday, April 4, 2008

My Weights Up More Today: No Worries There

Hello weight losing fans...

This morning I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.2-pounds.

Hey David, what's up with that? Have you quit being careful there Mr. Dane? I see that weight slipping. Yeah, you're cheating David. Look you can't get back to that 180-pounds. Hmmm?

Well, for your information, yesterday evening I got back from the library and weighed myself. I actually stepped up onto the scale weighing in at 181.4-pounds. This was around 7:00 PM.

I went to the store and purchased some food. I then made a bunch of vegetables with four small pieces of chickens. I ate that at around 9:00 PM. It's just stuff waiting to go out the back door.
And, I am sure that some of it is water retention because of salt.

That's about it there. I am not worried about it.

This morning I was talking with a family member who joined Weight Watchers. She told me she went out to Walmart and purchased up a bunch of Weight Watchers food. I swear they put Magic Pixie dust in that stuff. What kind of gas do they pump into the room at the meetings?

I am writing this because I am finding that so many people are convinced that Weight Watchers is the only way to lose weight. I am not knocking joining an organization that offers support. I am concerned about the absolute mind change these people go through when they attend a meeting. It's scary. I don't dare say anything that goes against Weight Watchers, or I get corrected.

Listen, when I eat, I look at the total amount of food that I have eaten. I look at the calories that I am consuming.

Food is fuel. Our body responds to this fuel in different ways depending on the kind of fuel we put in. Think about it like buying jet fuel, or buying gasoline. If you have a gasoline car, you wouldn't dare put jet fuel into it's tank. You would ruin the cars engine.
If you had a jet plane, you wouldn't dare put gasoline in the engine. If you did, then you would blow up the engine, and maybe burn up the plane as well.

The same goes for the human body. Sugar, fat, carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, and minerals are different fuels for the body. The body responds differently to each of these fuels. Each of these foods has a different component the body needs for it's functions.

I don't have time to go into the whole list of everything the body does with food. The bottom line is this: food is fuel period. It may taste real good (chocolate cake), or it may taste bad (livers), but, it's still fuel. What tastes good is subjective for each individual.

When we put to much fuel into our body, and the wrong kind, then we destroy the bodies ability to perform it's functions. Too much sugar causes insulin problems. Too little sugar causes problems too. Too much protein causes problems, and too little protein causes problems.

So, what's the solution? Years ago the U.S. government did tremendous research and came up with a thing called the food pyramid. On that chart is a suggestion of foods to be consumed. That's a good starting point to figure out what to eat.

We Eat Too Much Sugar
One of the things that I keep pounding away at is SUGAR consumption. It's debatable, but I am convinced we eat to much of it. Yes, me too.

It doesn't make sense to be eating dessert each and everyday. Many people eat something sweet at every meal. Many people will eat some donuts for breakfast, then eat a chocolate shake for lunch, and then eat some cake at dinner. I was like that.

It's not easy to cut back on the sugar. I know. I love it too. It's not easy to continue eating the right thing. I know.

The cold hard reality is this: If you want to lose weight, you will have to eat less food.

Oh, I wrote it again. It's always the same thing everyday Mr. Dane: "Eat Less Food, Eat Less Food, Eat Less Food." Whah, Whah, Whah, Whah, Whah, Whah...Blah, Blah, Blah.

Can't I come up with something different? Ummm, yes, here it is. Go ahead and eat like there is no tomorrow. Eat that large pizza all by yourself. Oh, have a party and then all of you eat a pizza. Then go eat a bunch of chocolate chip cookies afterwards. Then lie to me, like I have seen people do, and tell me you don't eat that much food.

I was at home study a few weeks ago. The woman that was so critical of my way of losing weight was there. Now, this is the woman I wrote about before. I watched this woman pop into her mouth three chocolates. I saw her eat food at the beginning of the study. Did she eat dinner too?
I don't know.

This woman claims she doesn't eat that much. Yet, she is getting bigger, bigger, and bigger. She used to have some real nice legs. Now she has tree trunks for thighs, and a real big fat butt that's bursting her pants. She also has a flabby gut. Ugh... She blames the fact that she had her womanly organs removed.

Granted this changes a woman's hormones. I know, it happened to the woman in my family. She was gaining weight before that happened. She has to figure out what to do if she hopes to lose weight.

You will have to figure out how to lose weight too. I haven't given up on myself there. I still plan on getting off 20-pounds. I have to. I have a 42 inch waist line. That's bigger than it should be. If it was all muscle I wouldn't be worried. But, it's flab sitting on top of the muscle. It's not good, in my opinion.

Many people think I look OK where I am now. Well, they never saw me before when I was much thinner than I am now.

I am continuing to work on me. You work on you.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...