Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hey Mister That Bulging Belly Means You're Fat

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179.4-pounds.
That's up from yesterday.

Yesterday I went to a local nutrition store. I was looking to purchase a particular brand of Vitamin D.

As I was standing there staring at the products, I heard this man telling the young woman clerk that he has developed a round belly over the last year.
This man told the woman that he thinks his metabolism may have slowed down a bit.
He was hoping that she could point him to a product that he could use that would help him get a higher metabolism.

I stood there listening as this woman tried to sell this man a very expensive powdered drink.

As I watched the man, and the woman, I was thinking about this man's excuses for being what he is today. He wasn't making the connection to the notion he is fat.

He doesn't have that belly for nothing. It's called a fat gut. But, he couldn't bring himself to admit it before this young woman.

I wanted to say something. Only I knew she was trying to get this guy to buy some products. She wasn't going to tell him it's time to eat less food. I am not so sure she even knew that was the solution to this man's fat belly.

When he left after making his purchase, I told her his problem isn't the food he eats, it's that he eats too much food. I told her that he is fat, and he can't admit it.

Many, many, many people are like this. They are FAT, and they can't admit it.

I have friends like this. I have family like this.

For some reason when it comes to someones weight, many people live in denial. They just don't want to face the truth.

This man in the nutrition store was just fat, and he wasn't able to deal with it.

Are you like that? Do you have a belly, but don't think you are fat?
What is that then? Is it muscle? I don't think so.

Go get a "Height/Weight" Chart. Look at your height, your build, and the weight that you should be at.
If you are at the weight you should be, then the odds are real low that you will have a belly.

Now, many woman struggle with loose skin because of belly stretching during a pregnancy. But, that's different than having a bulging belly.

The only dependable way to lose weight is to: "Eat Less Food."

Then you will lose weight.

Number counter when I completed this post today: 5335

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...