Thursday, September 11, 2008

You Change Only You

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179.4-pounds.
See, I wrote that it was FOOF... It was stuff waiting to leave.

Today I was talking to an old friend. This friend and the mate are heading for a divorce. My friend was crying and asking why this bad thing has happened. My friend went through the list of things that should have given the mate a reason to act loving.

I tried in vain to explain no one can control the response of another person. My friend could have been a perfect angel, and it wouldn't mean anything if the other person was no good.

I said really all anyone can do is control oneself, and do what's right. The outcome may or may not be what was hoped for.

This is the cold hard reality of life. We can't control anyone, but ourselves. Most of the time we don't even control ourselves that well. So, how can we even expect to control someone else?

Everyday we see our family members, and friends doing things we know are not so good. We, may see someone who is over weight. Our response may be to tell that person to lose weight. We may think we can have some sort of influence to make someone change.

Well, that's not really true. We can only change ourselves. We have to look into our own hearts, and minds and find the motivation we need to accomplish things in our lives.

If you are over weight, then you have no business trying to get someone else to lose weight. You, have to live the example that you want others to see.

If you are trying to lose weight, then lose it for you. Don't try to lose it so you can ultimately change someone else. It won't work.

You be the one that sacrifices the extra bag of chips. You be the one who gives up the donuts. You be the one that passes the plate without sticking your hand in it for a treat.

When you have lost the weight that you want to lose, then someone might copy you. I wrote might copy you. There is no guarantee that someone will follow you.

There is a prayer called the " serenity prayer." I am putting the stanzas here for you to read.
I think this will complete my thoughts for the day:

God,
Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the Courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardship as the pathway to peace.

Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it.

Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
and supremely happy with Him forever in the next.

Number counter when I completed this post: 5547

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

So true that no one can control another person..a lesson best learned early in life!

David Dane said...

Thanks dinah

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...