Friday, October 3, 2008

Save Those Food Storage Containers

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.8-pounds. That's UP.
Hmmm... I wonder what did that?

Have you ever had one of those situations where you want a food container for carrying food to work? Or have you ever had a situation where you want to store food, and you can't find a container?

I'm a bachelor, and I have been one all my life. I am not like a woman in that I have to have a Tupperware container, or one of those Rubbermaid containers to put my food in.

The other day I came from the store. I dropped my 18 egg container on it's corner by the door of my car while trying to carry in groceries. I was a bit miffed when I opened the egg container and saw 7 broken eggs. I raced the eggs up to my home and searched for a container. Nope, I couldn't find one of those fancy plastic containers.

Fortunately I had a glass jar that I very carefully dumped the seven eggs into and saved most of the fluid. Now why would I do that? Well, eggs are expensive, and so are fancy plastic containers.
I have found that the same glass jars, plastics jars, and flimsy little containers that I get food in make great storage containers for left overs.

It seems senseless to me to pay a lot of money for a fancy storage container when a large peanut butter jar, or that pickle jar can do the same thing.

If you are like me, save those peanut butter jars, and pickle jars, you never know what you can store inside of them. I have found that it's cheaper and the food stays as fresh in one of those containers as if stored into the more expensive Tupperware.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...