Friday, January 2, 2009

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.4-pounds.

Aah what happened David? Did you fall off the wagon? Ho-Ho-Ho Christmas got you huh? Ha, we knew you couldn't hang in there. Ha, you're just like all the rest of us. No guts, and no will power. Go hang your head in weight loss shame, you Oinker. Yeah, I am never reading your blog again.

You keep saying you're going to get down to 160-pounds. You can't even get down to 170-pounds. You have the nerve David to lecture us. Ho-Ho-Ho...

Me: Ummm I'm so sorry to disappoint my fans... I'll never do it again.

Me: NOT! Come on folks. I think I've done spectacular here. I got through Christmas. Then on the new years day, I went to town. And, the day after I did as well. I think it was all those beers.

On New Years day I decided to take a one day trip up to Wisconsin. I was visiting my cousin. She had a bunch of food put out for her son and friends to celebrate the new year. She had Italian Potato Pasta Dumplings, Italian Sausages, chips, and other food. She had a table filled with cookies and candy.

Speaking of candy; did you try the new Nestle' Crunch Bar With Caramel? Oh it is so good. It's 200 empty calories. Oh, but you'll die with delight eating it.

Back to my story: So, on New Years Eve, after I had very carefully planned my food for the day, I blew it all later.

I still haven't been able to tally up the calories. Oh, again I have a general idea what I ate, but some of the calories I can't account for.

When I got home on New Years Day I went to a friend's home. She made a turkey dinner with all of the fixings. Oh, it was good. I must say I brought in the New Years with some memorable feasting.

I thank God we live in America. Around most of the world, people don't eat like this. Around most of the world, people don't have the variety we have. This is truly something to say Thank You God for.

Here I sit two days later. Just three days ago, I was at 177.8-pounds. Now I am up over 180-pounds for the first time in months. It makes me wonder, will I ever see that 170-pounds?

NO...not if I keep eating like a little piggy. Oink, oink...

Again, let's not forget where I was.

Could I do better? Sure. Will I do better? Maybe. Am I going to hold the line? Probably.

Let's see.

Last night I stepped up onto the scale and gasped when I saw the weight. I am not going to tell you what it was. By the morning, most of it had disappeared. It was all flushed away in the early morning.

Number counter after writing this post: 8549

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

A said...

It is all those cappuccinos. 1000 calories per sip?

By the way, you were mentioned in my running blog today.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...