Sunday, May 31, 2009

Is 180-Pounds Just A Distant Memory?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 189.4-pounds.

Yep that 180-pounds I managed to maintain for over a year seems to be a distant memory.

A friend of mine asked me have I quit? The answer is emphatically no.

Why should I quit. This is where most people fail on their diets. They hit a problem with their weight, they see they are digressing, instead of progressing, then they quit. I have seen it happen all to many times.

Here is an interesting update: What can motivate you to lose weight, and quit smoking? Divorce can.

My youngest brother married a woman who was heavy and smoked cigarettes like a chimney. When he lowered the boom on her and announced he was filing for a divorce, she decided to change her ways. She lost over 50 pounds, and quit smoking cigarettes.

She should have done this before she was on the verge of losing her husband. But, she was comfortable, and didn't think she had any responsibility to change. Unfortunately her change came too late for her to save the marriage.

Now, there were other factors that effected the marriage which were more important. But, in her mind she thinks if she can look better, and stop stinking, she may win her husband back.

Unfortunately it's not going to happen. But, if you want to lose weight, just have an emotional upset. That will kill your appetite for a while at least.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...