Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Changed My Blog Layout

Today I was unable to weigh myself. I posted yesterday and mentioned that I left my scale at my cousin's home.

I am flying blind without my scale. We'll see if I gain or lose any weight before I manage to get my scale back.

In the interim I will be posting my food consumption and my thoughts. Oh, I know you will hang on every wise word that I type. I can tell I have such an overwhelmingly large audience out there.

I added to my post yesterday that when I went home I hadn't eaten anything else. That McDonald's meal wiped out most of my 1,500 calories. I was tired and retired to bed without anything to eat.

I woke up this morning very rumbly-in-my-tumbly. I boiled three eggs and ate those (210 calories). When I am done posting here I am going home to stir fry some Asian vegetables and a can of tuna fish (200 calories).

I will also prepare some food to carry with me to work. What will I prepare? Hmm?

As I am sitting here posting I can't help but feel hungry for food. I am really hungry.

Some people would go back home and eat just anything they can when they get this hungry. I try to figure out what would be best to eat with what I already have.

Just because I don't have my scale to weigh myself doesn't mean I should throw in the towel with my weight. I can still eat better so I can lose weight. I can still write down my food consumption on paper. I can still try to stay at around 1,500 calories.

I won't know what the outcome will be immediately. That's all. So, I am flying blind without my weight scale.

I Changed My Blog Format
Any of you who have read my blog in the past may have noticed I changed the page format. I am experimenting. I am attempting to get more onto the page. I am inserting links and stuff like that there.

You will see some links that relate to what I am writing. One link is for stomach surgery. I don't agree with stomach surgery to control weight. I never will. I don't care how morbidly obese someone gets.

I do think if someone can't control himself/herself then they should voluntarily get locked into a room and have food put under the door.

What, am I insane? NO, I am not. I think cutting someone's stomach to pieces is insane. After stomach surgery that person still has to adjust the diet. If he/she doesn't make the adjustments necessary he/she gets sick and vomits onto themselves.

The doctors won't tell you that. Why, it's because they make big money from doing surgery. And then they make big money from all the follow up visits and counseling. They have to monitor that person for the rest of that person's life. They charge for that.

The insurance companies make money too from the stomach surgery. They too benefit because now that person is supposed to be thin. This makes them less of a risk.

I am predicting that many of the people who have this stomach-by-pass-surgery will become a candidate for premature death. Here is why? One: they can't eat big meals any more. That is depressing. Two: they still get hungry. They can't satisfy that hunger. Three: let's say they attempt to satisfy that hunger, they will have to continuously eat, and eat, because they can't hold down the food. Four: They will suffer from malnutrition. Yep, the body doesn't process food normally anymore. This makes them a candidate for malnutrition. Even if they use vitamin supplements, the body may not be able to absorb them.

Quit Being A Pansy: EAT LESS FOOD
That's my solution to losing weight.
  • Weigh yourself everyday.Write down that weight.
  • Figure out what kind of food you are eating and write that down.
  • Figure out how many calories that food was. It's easy; look at the side panel of most foods.
  • Carry a calorie counter with you. Write down those calories.
  • Stop eating after you hit your calorie count for the day
Here is one more thing you can do. Eat more protein and vegetables. You can eat a lot of vegetables and bulk up. Eat more protein, and avoid the breads, and pastas.

That's it: EAT LESS FOOD

By for now...

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...