Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Why I Am Not A Fan Of Weekly Weigh Ins

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 188.6-pounds in the morning when I rolled out of bed.
Later in the day when I returned home from work I stepped up onto the scale weighing in at 166.4-pounds.

Now, why have I gained weight? Well, I really believe that it is because I haven't emptied out completely. I don't want to get graphic.

I have been drinking a lot of liquid protein lately. I think this has plugged my plumbing a bit. I am using Metamucil as a remedy to unstop the plumbing.

Now, I may have gained a pound or more because of all the food that I consumed on Saturday. I have been careful the days before and the days after to keep my calorie count close to 1,500 calories.

So, I am convinced that I don't have anything to be concerned about.

I have gone up about five or so pounds just because of food remaining inside of me. It's because of this I am not a fan of weekly-weigh-ins.

I was told that people can't handle the ups and downs that weighing in daily excerpts on the mind. I was told people get disappointed. Hey, get used to it. This weight losing thing is forever. I mean it. Once you hit the weight-loss-goals of any organization, you have to maintain those goals.

I have a friend who has a wife who joined Weight Watchers. Now, she believes that she needs the support that this organization can provide for her. But, think about it; once anyone gets hooked on this Weight Watcher thing, they have to be there for life.

I mean it. If you can't learn to get the weight off yourself then why bother? She and anyone else that doesn't hit the weight loss goal has to keep paying dues, or just quit Weight Watchers all together.

Then you are back at square one, you're all alone again.

I didn't use Weight Watchers, or any other organization to lose weight. I decided to get the weight off and then took action from there. I wasn't sure anymore if I could.

Common sense told me that if I eat less food I would eventually lose weight. The question was how many calories was I going to be at to get the weight off.

Well, I took little baby steps day by day. Finally, I am where I am. I am down at least 55-pounds and still working to lose more.

It wasn't easy. It won't be for you either.

Bye for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If you can't learn to get the weight off yourself then why bother?"

People need to find whatever works for them. Some folks can do it by themselves, some folks need a little more structure. But no matter how you do it, as long as you're doing it in a healthy way and are honest with yourself and not trying to take any shortcuts, I say go for it, I'll be rooting for you.

Jake Silver said...

I agree that as long as you are not the type to freak out when the scale goes back and forth, who cares if you weigh every day or every week?

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...