Saturday, December 1, 2007

I Don't Want To Keep Reducing Calories To Lose Weight

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184-pounds.

I am here up in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin. It's snowing like crazy here. I don't know what it's like where you are. However, I got into this area at 10:00 AM and the snow started then. There is now about three inches of fresh snow on the ground at 2:00 PM. Wow.

Well, what does this have to do with weight loss; Umm, nothing at all?

It did almost prevent me from posting on my blog today, since it's kind of hard to drive in this stuff. I was tempted to stay where I was. I will be home too late to get to an open library; seeing as it is Saturday.

But, I braved the snow and found an open library, just so you could keep up with my progress. Or in my current status, my digression of weight.

It's the Holiday Season, what do you expect? Just kidding.

It's tough to keep shaving off the pounds. I have hit a point where my body is standing still.
And to be honest, I really don't want to cut my calorie intake down to 1,400 calories. I just don't.

It's hard enough keeping my calorie count at 1,500 calories, and then trying to keep it there. I get so stinking hungry some times.

I woke up in the middle of the night hungry as a bear. I had to get up and make a cup of tea with some honey in it. I just could not fight the hunger anymore.

The honey helped a little bit.

If you are like me, hunger is your stumbling block to lose the weight. I don't have this compulsion to binge as much as I have the need to satisfy the hunger.

It gets hard. Real early this morning it was hard. It may get real hard for you. But, you have to hang in there.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane.

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

For what its worth...my thoughts....

I think you're at a plateau and the best way to break a plateau is to increase caloric intake for awhile...I'd eat 1600 calories a day for about a month...

According to the BMR intakes, 10 times your body weight is the number of calories it would take to maintain one's body weight if he stayed in bed 24/7.

At your current weight you should be able to eat 1800 calories a day and not loose or gain...perhaps 1500 is too low and your body thinks it must conserve your body fat and is holding on to it...

Those are my thoughts...

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...