Friday, December 7, 2007

No Excuse Anymore For Getting Fat At McDonald's

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto that Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 182-pounds.
That's the same weight as yesterday, and it's only 2.6-pounds over my record for this weight loss season. I gotta eat more Christmas cookies.

Today I Ate At McDonald's
I went to McDonald's for lunch today. I ate a Double Quarter Pounder With Cheese, a medium French Fries, and a Diet Coke. The total calorie count for the meal was 1,120 calories. Of course the double burger was the largest calorie consumable item in the meal coming in at a whopping 740 calories.

As I was eating my meal I was looking at the environmentally friendly cartons that the food was served in. Do you remember when they used to be plastic foam? On the box the hamburger came in was a fully informational listing of the nutritional value of the food. It included the calorie count, the fat grams, the salt count, and the carbohydrate count. On the box of French Fries the same nutritional guide was supplied.

Now, I don't know if McDonald's is doing this because the law made them do it, or they are doing it as a public service. What ever the reason they are doing it for, I found it extremely helpful for me to figure out the nutritional value of the food I was eating.

McDonald's also lists on the paper place mat for the food trays a complete in store menu with the nutritional value of the food. So, if you are staying in the store to eat, or having your food passed out the drive up window, the nutritional value of the food is readily available for any one's observation.

This makes it extremely easy for someone like me who is calorie counting to figure out just how far over the line I may have just gone, or if I am holding the line.

Common sense would tell the average person that eating at McDonald's isn't going to make it easy to stay with any diet; not unless someone orders salads all the time.

Having the calorie counts available for anyone to see makes it hard for anyone to make up excuses for getting fat at McDonald's.

McDonald's has made it obvious that just about any food item you pull off the menu is going to be loaded with calories. This includes the salads, which average about 300 calories each.

Am I saying don't eat at McDonald's? No I am not. But, if you do eat at McDonald's, make sure you look at how many calories are in the items you are going to consume.

If you are a heart patient, a diabetic, a calorie counter, a Doctor Atkins's dieter, a person with high blood pressure, or just a plain old Joe, there is no excuse for messing up your diet any more.

McDonald's has laid its cards onto the table and exposed the truth. Now, no one has any excuses.

Thank you McDonald's... It's genuinely appreciated.

McDonald's I have just one request; just one. Would you please put in a points system for those Weight Watchers out there? They just can't figure out what a calorie is. It's too hard for them. Then they get confused.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

Like you, I think it's great that McD's makes it so easy to know the calorie and nutrient counts in all the food they serve...

I just read your previous day's post...about the persont thinking eating salad all the time is a good solution...it won't take long to get tired of that for sure...

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...