Sunday, December 9, 2007

Someone Understands

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179.4-pounds.

I am back at my record weight here today. Hmmm, can I stay there? Especially since I have been chowing down on the Christmas Goodies. Yummy...

I have been eating the goodies. When I have I add those calories to my total for the day. If I hit that 1,500 calorie target, I will usually quit eating for the day.

I didn't say don't eat a fist full of Christmas Cookies. What I said was, you better make a choice. Either you eat that hamburger or you eat those cookies. You don't get both.

Go ahead eat that little bundle of Christmas Joy, then realize that was lunch, or dinner.
I do.

The other day I had a bunch of dessert. I didn't eat for the rest of the day. It's because I blew my calorie count clean out of the window.

Now, I can't keep doing that day-in-and-day-out. That would be unwise. But, there are just some days when the Sugar Monster just hits with a vengeance.

Someone Gets It
Dinah weighed in with this comment: "You are so right about counting calories...we have to do it forever...I finally figured out monitoring my food intake was a lifelong necessity...losing the weight is only part of the equation in weight loss...the other part is keeping it "lost"....keep hammering away...maybe some people will eventually get it...those calories add up!"

She was commenting on what I wrote about yesterday. A woman I was with couldn't understand my obsession with calorie counting.

Thank you Dinah.

It's Not Fun Scrutinizing What I Eat
I don't like having to scrutinize every piece of food that I am going to eat. I wish that I didn't have to. But, I got preponderant because I didn't exercise caution with my food consumption.

There are some people who can go day in and day out eating scrimpy little meals, and they do it by habit. I had a woman friend that was like that. She would open and eat a can of smelly little fishes, and eat a little salad, then feel full. She was lean like a little twig.

I don't have that luxury. My appetite is considerably larger than hers. I want to eat, and eat, and eat.

I think most people want to eat, and eat, and eat. Judging from the number of over sized men and women out there, I think I may be right.

It doesn't matter what drives them to over eat; because sooner or later they will have to realize they are in trouble. Then who ever it is that's over weight will have to dramatically change their food consumption habits.

My way is dramatic. It may seem to be neurotic and obsessive at times. Believe me, I wish it were different. But, if I don't stick to a certain regimen, sooner or later I will lose control.

It's like a pilot that has to go flying; he better pre-flight that plane. And he/she has to stick to a regimen every time. If not, then one day something will be wrong and that could be disastrous.

When I am eating I am thinking about what's going into my mouth. I can still enjoy the momentary flavor, but I must be responsible in the process.

I must be on my way.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...