Friday, June 20, 2008

Pretty Face And A Big Fat Can

Hello weight losing fans...

Yesterday I was unable to post on my blog. I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale yesterday morning weighing in at 185.6-pounds.

This morning I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 185.4-pounds. When I got home from work this evening I stepped up onto the scale weighing in at 184-pounds.

That may not be the same tomorrow morning. I had to eat dinner. I fried up two chicken breasts that were about 140 calories each, and tossed in a can of green beans. Then before I pulled the whole mess out of the WOK, I tossed in 1/4 cup of cheap red wine. Of course I threw spices like ginger in on top of the mess in the WOK too. Umm, what a delicious meal. It hit the spot.

The one draw back of eating tonight will be that tomorrow that mess will be sitting in my gut. It may show on the scale. Oh well.

I Saw A Pretty Woman That Was Shaped Like A Pear
Yesterday I stopped at a gas station to buy a diet soda pop. When I got to the check out counter, I saw a woman who was fairly tall for a woman, she was my height: 5'10". She had incredibly blond hair, no dark roots. When she turned sideways I was hit by her incredibly blue eyes, and creamy smooth skin. I looked and said to myself my God,"This is one incredibly pretty woman."

She had a problem: She was wide in the can. I mean this lady was wide at the hips. She was beefy in her arms and shoulders too. I looked carefully to see if maybe she was a woman body builder. Nope she had the marbling on her arms that showed she was collecting fat in her arms. Her dimensions on the can were way wide, compared to the rest of her body. She was fat.

Here was this irresistible beauty-queen with the same issue that 50-percent-plus of we Americans struggle with: she had an eating problem.

Why am I mentioning her? Why would anyone care? Well, I saw what she purchased for lunch. This gave me one small clue as to why she may look like this. She purchased a bag of Jalapeno Flavored Potato Chips along with a diet coke. (Go figure.)

She in her mind may have been thinking, "This isn't a lot of food." And she, probably ate that bag of chips thinking this wasn't a real big lunch. Oh, ho, I beg to differ. My curiosity peaked, and I went walking through the store looking for that bag of chips on the shelf.

I found the bag of flavored potato chips and examined the label on the back. It said: One serving-140 calories-3.5 servings per bag. This means that one bag of chips was 490 calories.

OK, so what? Well, I asked myself, "How many people will eat something like this and think they haven't eaten that much?"

Let's examine what happens when someone eats only carbohydrates and sugars for their meals. It's simple: The body converts all carbohydrates and sugars into glucose.
The cells absorb the glucose into the blood stream.
The body secretes insulin to absorb and utilize the glucose in the blood stream.
When the body has too much glucose it keeps pumping insulin into the blood stream.
When the body goes day-in-and-day-out with too much insulin in it's blood stream, then it develops what is called insulin immunity.
The body begins looking for ways to dispose of the excessive glucose that it can't use at the moment, and it begins having a serious problem with insulin intolerance.
It takes the excess glucose and begins storing it as fat on the vital body parts.
For woman, this is usually around the buttocks, and the thighs, and portions of the legs. From there it puts the fat onto the back of woman's arms.
For men, the fat begins being deposited onto the stomach in front.
From there men will see the fat on the sides.

Next the body begins to develop what is called insulin immunity.
This is the point where the body's insulin becomes ineffective in breaking up glucose in the blood stream.
Now, the body in a panic begins to deposit excessive sugars as fat on all the parts of the body.

Many people who are fat actually struggle with a form of insulin immunity.
This of course is a simplified version of what happens.

Now back to that beauty queen. Her is a woman that obviously likes things like potato chips. She knows in her heart that she shouldn't eat that much food. So, my guess is she purchased a bag of potato chips, not knowing that she was adding to those wide hips.

She would be far better off going for the beef jerky at the counter and eating that. She would be far better off serving up higher portions of meat and cutting out those carbohydrates.

Ultimately she would be better off eating less food. She would have done far less damage if she would have purchase a bag of apples.

Like all junk food junkies, we crave what's not good for us.

I wish I could have talked to her and found out what she eats regularly. I am curious how someone gets like this. She would have been modeling material if she were 50 pounds leaner.
She had the genes, but did she have the brains?

We'll never know.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...