Tuesday, June 3, 2008

So You Like To Hear "Eat Less Food?" I Don't, I Hate It

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 188-pounds. That's down from yesterday, and still up 11 pounds from February's record.

It's hard to believe that was 4 months ago. I haven't come anywhere close to that weight since. Now, am I still hoping to get to 160-pounds. I don't think I will. I think the frustration I will go through at this time won't be good. I am going to have to cut way back again on the total calories.

My schedule is so weird, I have enough trouble staying sane with that. Now, can I get down to that 180-target? Um, I suppose I can. I am not going to kill myself to do it.

Someone commented that I was blunt and to the point, and they liked it. Well, come on... It doesn't take an engineer with a PHD in physics to figure out that the solution to losing weight is "Eat Less Food."

What it does take is the willingness to go through the trial of eating less food. Hey, it sucks. Do you think for five seconds I liked giving up my Cocoa Puffs for breakfast? Yes, I ate Cocoa Puffs, and Donuts for Breakfast. Do you think I wanted to give up my Dunkin' Donut's Bismarks? Not on your life.

This was my morning cuisine. Donuts, and Cocoa Puffs. It's no wonder I blew up like a Good Year Blimp.

I like anyone else developed some nasty food consuming habits. I had to break those habits. It wasn't easy. Those habits still haunt me. I was given some box lunches recently that had Oreo cookies in them. One small bag with two cookies was 100 calories. There was another pouch with cookies that had 6 cookies, and that was 240 calories. Hey, I love Oreo cookies. But, they are sitting now in my refrigerator. Why, because they are a death sentence on my weight losing progress?

I want to eat those cookies. I want to eat everything that's put in front of me; still.

And look how quickly my body has put the fat on with the little bits of stuff that I ate. Wow, it sure didn't take long. It took a month to lose a few pounds, and then it took a week to put it back on.

I am just a Preponderant. I have that tendency to tip the scale to the wrong direction. I don't have that high reving metabolism anymore. It's not the same as when I was in my 20's and early 30's. That stinks.

Yep, it's back to the grind. That slow weight losing grind.... Argh.

Folks, it's not any different for you either. Sorry about that.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

5 comments:

Teresa said...

I saw your blog looking thru another blog. It can be so frustrating trying to lose even just a few lbs. I just wanted to say good luck with your journey.

A said...

These are shared frustrations. I'm only trying to lose flab, not so much weight, but it is hard. In my 40s, I think of those wistful days 20 years ago when everything was easy. No diets. All I did was live. Run, play (yes, at age 21), ride my bike as long as I wanted.

I am working hard on portion control, mostly inspired by your blog. That's a lot of your message. It is working, albeit slowly.

Pass me a donut.

http://theplugg.com/wp-content/themes/default/images/DonutHole.jpg

Dinahsoar said...

Like you I gain weight much more easily than I take it off. The 20 pounds I've been working on losing since the end of Sept. 2007 I gained, I kid you not, in 10 weeks...that's two pounds a week...but I am unable to lose 2 pounds a week without starving. To date I've lost 13.6 pounds....it's taken me 245 days...or 35 weeks...so my rate of loss is .38 pounds a week or a tad more than 1/3 pound per week. It's not fair...but that's the way it is. It sure does help to commiserate with other bloggers.

David Dane said...

thanks teresa, dinah, and of course resilient hawk.

Lyn said...

Okay, how about this: while it is true we must eat LESS CALORIES to lose weight, we can actually eat MORE FOOD. This is something I discovered when I started eating vegetables. Yeah I hated vegetables. No I did not want to eat them. Unless they were covered in a LOT of cheese. But new habits can be formed. You can eat a heck of a lot of asparagus, kale, and zucchini and keep your calories minimal. And after awhile, I started to actually LIKE the taste of vegetables. And I love the fullness I can get and being able to eat every 2 hours if I so choose. Vegetebles are really good for you. So maybe the new answer is, "eat more food"? How about it?

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...