Friday, August 1, 2008

I Haven't Mastered Hunger Yet

Hello weight losing fans...

This morning I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 176.4-pounds.
That's down from yesterday.

I have been battling a summer cold here. As a result I have been pumping in medications to treat the symptoms. This has contributed to my holding onto extra fluids.

I have the usual symptoms. It started with a sore throat, which I have been gargling with hydrogen peroxide for. Then the mucous started. Then the running nose came, and of course the cough along with it.

It hasn't effected my appetite any. The last few nights I have been wrestling with ripping, stomach twisting hunger. Last night was a little bit better because I ate something later in the evening. I have been attempting to cut off my food consumption around 5 PM in the day.

This morning I woke up at around midnight. It took me half an hour to fall back to sleep. Since I have some aches and pains I decided to take some Tylenol PM. This helped put me back to sleep. I was hungry though. Had I not taken the Tylenol, I would not have fallen back to sleep so easily.

Now, some people may say: If you eat the right combinations of foods, then you won't have that hunger. Hey, I've tried it all. Usually, I take a tablespoon of honey. That's worked in the past.

I have been trying to ride out the hunger, and force my body to adjust. It really stinks.

I really believe this issue of hunger is the biggest hurdle people have to leap over to lose weight.

In our modern society, we have trained ourselves to eat when we are hungry. We aren't used to those long periods of time when we have to go without food. So, when we get an urge to eat, we pop something into our mouths.

I have been at this weight loss thing for over a year and a half. I thought I would have mastered this by now. Nope, I haven't. I guess the body is just stubborn.

I am in my second phase of weight loss. I am going for the 160-pound target. I am holding steady on the calories at around 1,500 calories per day. I have been calculating everything, even when I am not sure if I have estimated correctly. When I went to Ravinia, I exceeded the 1,500 calories.

My efforts have been paying off. I am pushing that 180-target everyday now. There may come a day not so far in the future when I can say goodbye to 180-pounds, and hello to 170-pounds.

We will see.

Number counter when I posted today: 4552

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...