Wednesday, August 13, 2008

No Weight Today

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at ??????
I don't have my scale with me. I left for Michigan yesterday and did not know that I would be spending the night.

Yesterday I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 178.8-pounds. That's up over the days before.

I have to roll, so I won't be sharing my thoughts today.

Here is one brief thought. I didn't eat a lot yesterday. I couldn't eat today, so I had a couple crackers and a cookie before I turned in at midnight.

This morning I awoke starved. When I went to the morning buffet, the temptation was real strong to eat, and eat. Even though I was eating a waffle, and other things, I was still hungry.

If I were trying to use intuitive eating, I would have been fooled by my bodies response to the food that I was eating. I still had to use my sense of calorie counting. I am still hungry, and I ate.

You have to know what you are eating. The only way to know what you are eating is to be familiar with the amount of calories in the food that you might consume.

By for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

A said...

Honesty is important. If we are playing games with ourselves, why bother at all? You are serious about this stuff, and have stayed on track now for how long? Getting close to two years? Wow!

I expected a massive drop in my weight this week, on my "official weigh day," (Mondays), but, despite being lower a few days before, I was actually slightly up.

The good news is that I weighed myself on my old scale, the one I started with in May 2007, and am down 13 lbs based on it (138 down to 125 or 126).

David Dane said...

Thanks Resilient Hawk. It's a funny thing about our old scales, they become tired of our whinning and complaning when we step on them year after year. So, they become complicant in lieing to us. Your old scale was only playing the enabler all of these years. So sorry to tell you that....

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...