Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Talk Show Host Backed My Written Statements About Weight

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 178.8-pounds.

Today I was driving to where I work. I had the radio on in the car. I was tuning in the different stations, when I caught a station with Rush Limbaugh on talking.

He was talking about how hard it is to lose weight. He of course has struggled with obesity for most of his life.
As he was talking he explained how he had oral surgery, and it has prevented him from consuming certain foods that he believes caused him to gain weight. Of course the surgery has effected his appetite, and he has lost weight because of it.

He was pontificating about how hard it is to go all day without eating. He was saying that dieting, and losing weight is hard to do. He should know.

This is what I have written in the past. It's not easy to lose weight. It's not easy to go without food. That urge that most of us feel is hunger. The only thing is most of us are so disconnected to what prompts us, we think that it's just something caused by emotions.

Emotions can stir the urges to eat. However, it really is only because we are hungry.

What can you do? Well, I do tricks like eating a tablespoon full of honey before I go out to eat. I will eat a tablespoon of honey at night when I really can't go without something.

It's not easy to lose weight. It's just not.

I am attempting to lose this last twenty pounds. I am getting no where real fast with it. A friend of mine is convinced that it's the exercise that will get the job done.

This is something else Rush mentioned. He has friends that have told him if he would exercise, then he would lose weight. Rush concluded what I concluded. It's not the exercise that makes someone lose weight. It's the reduction in food consumption that does the work.

Yes, if you will cut back on the Oreo cookies, the big donuts, and the sodas, you will lose weight. Yes, if you cut back on the fried chicken, the mashed potatoes, and the bread, you will lose weight.

It's that simple. Eat less, and you will lose weight.

Who told you it would be easy to do? It's not.

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Lyn said...

That's true. We do have to eat less to lose weight. But exercise can help, because it:

a) burns calories while exercising, and
b) increases the metabolism and burns more calories all day.

For me, biking is the key to whether I gain or maintain when I am eating badly. And I feel so much better when I bike.

But of course you are right that people can definitely lose weight without exercise. But will they keep it off?

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...