Monday, December 22, 2008

You May Get Healthy By Limiting Your Food Consumption

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179.8-pounds.

Oh, oh... What happened? Why did I go from 174 to 179.8 in four days?

I think I have had to many carbs that's all.

The Way The Food Is Cooked Doesn't Change Anything
Today I was watching this program for a fancy food cooker. With the food cooker someone can take a frozen piece of meat, like steak, and cook it in 20 minutes. The food no doubt in my mind is cooked to a delicious morsel. The food no doubt has a little bit less grease on it.

That said, it doesn't matter if the food was thawed, then broiled. It doesn't matter if it was thawed then fried on a grill. Pound for pound that steak has as many calories it would if it was boiled.

It doesn't matter if that cake was cooked in a regular oven, or if it was cooked in a convection oven. It still has the same amount of calories.

Now maybe someone can save a few calories by eating boiled chicken vs eating a fried chicken. However, the meat calorie count doesn't change. The calorie count for that cake doesn't change any way it's cooked.

One of the things that is so often passed off deceptively is that if we would just cut down on the fat we would all be living healthier. That's not so. If we would quit eating until our guts blow out, we would ultimately be healthier.

Is It A Fungus?
Another program I was watching, was a doctor was saying on a TV program that if we could eat a certain way then we would solve our weight problem. He was talking about fungus being the cause of many peoples weigh problems. I agree with him on this point, we all eat way too much processed sugar.

OK... Let's do this... Cut the calories down. Limit what you eat. Limit the numbers of orange juices drunk in a day. Limit the chunks of food. Keep at a limited calorie count. Let's see what that does.

When I cut back on my total food consumption, a lot of the problems I was struggling with disappeared automatically. It took time for me to recover. However I found myself mysteriously getting better. Why? Because if I eat only so many calories, then I can only eat so much fat, sugar, or anything else. Once I cut out those excessive calories, the body had to figure out what it was going to do for more energy. It had to take out the excessive fat stores.

I am not a doctor. I am not a certified dietitian. However, I can tell you a lot of our trouble begins with us eating too much of the wrong stuff, and way, way too much of it.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...