Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Wow, A Big Weight Drop Day

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179-pounds.
That's down 4.2-pounds from yesterday.
That's only 4-pounds over the record.

Oh David, you are lying. How did you lose 4-pounds over night?
I can't say why. I just did.

I have made sure to keep a careful check on my weight each day. I have made sure to keep a record of all the food, and drinks I consumed. I have carefully calculated these calories to the best of my ability.

Is it an exact science? No, I don't carry a measuring cup with me everywhere I go. Maybe I should.
All I do is make an attempt to estimate the calorie count for what I eat.

Obviously if I am at a restaurant, and I am served food portions, I have to make a guess about what it is I will consume.

Many times, I have the food container that my food came in. With that, I can look at the labels on the container, and get a good guess about the calories in that food.

Here is my point: I have been constantly monitoring my food consumption. I write down what I eat. Even if I don't know the calories for the food, and I can't calculate it, I write it down anyway.

Each day I weigh myself. This is a key to get a quick handle on unwanted weight gain. If I waited a week, or longer to see what my weight might be, I might actually gain four of five pounds of real fat.

There are times when I will step onto the scale and find myself up four or five pounds. This could be water weight, fluids, or just fat. If I weren't monitoring my weight, there would be no way to find out what's happening.

This may seem like neurotic behavior. It's not any more neurotic than testing my blood after eating a meal because of diabetes.
It's a habit that I have had to develop over time. Initially I would forget to weigh myself. Then sometime in the day I would realize that I had not weighed myself.

Now, I weigh myself as a habit, like brushing my teeth in the morning. I actually look forward to seeing what my weight will be.

It takes time to develop the habits necessary to lose weight. It takes time to overcome that urge to eat at just about anytime of the day. It takes time to undo the bad habits we've developed to get ourselves overweight.

I have written this all before. This isn't anything new for my posts. It's the same drum beat, with the same drum.

Someone told me that I should very my content more. Someone told me I ought to find some more stuff for people to read and ideas that would make my sight more interesting. Well, I thought about it. It's very time consuming.

All anyone has to do is use an Internet Search Engine. The Internet World is open for searching. All anyone has to do is read someones blog.

If you come to this blog then you'll see this: "Eat Less Food." If you'll do that, you will lose weight.

Number Counter After I Posted: 7689

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...