Monday, February 23, 2009

Sudden Decent Below 180-Pounds

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179.6-pounds. That's back down under 180-pounds.

This time last year, 365 days ago, I was 181.8-pounds.

Well, I haven't posted since Friday when I had admitted to jumping back over 180-pounds.

So for the curious out there who might want to know how I have been doing over the weekend here are the numbers: On Saturday, February 21, 2009 I was 183.8-pounds. On Sunday, February 22, 2009 I was down at 182-pounds.

That happened then I woke up this morning back under 180-pounds.

I think my jump in weight was only because I was staying at a family members home. I was eating later in the day as a result. If I am not working I usually try to stop eating dinner, or anything else before 6 PM. Well, I was breaking my own rules.

There was one day in there where I really over ate and got up to 3,000 calories. I don't think that's what broke the camels back for my weight jump. Although if I had kept it up for a few more days then for sure I would be sitting up around 185-pounds. That's not what I want to see.

I am still at it fighting the "Battle of the Buldge." I am still dreaming of the day when I can get down to 160-pounds. I do wonder if I will make it. My body seems so happy at this 180-pounds.
I have found that I am able to stay here and still eat a few extra goodies once in a while.

I guess I am not so really determined to reach 160-pounds. Many, many people think I would look too skinny at 160-pounds. I don't know why. But, I think this has effected my thinking some.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

3 comments:

bbubblyb said...

I think it's about where you are happy at and where you can maintain. Sounds like you and your body is fine with 180 at least right now. I'm sure you're happy to be back below 180 though. Weighing everyday would drive me crazy lol the scale has such power over me.

Lyn said...

Hey David...

Yeah, I got the D3 and am taking it now. Hope it helps. I am mainly taking it for "lack of sunshine" this winter, but if it helps the knees so much the better. However I have almost no cartilage and a torn meniscus so I don't have a lot of hope for improvement.

Dinahsoar said...

Just being able to maintain your loss, stay at 180 is awesome progress...don't totally give up yet on getting lower...it is possible, but it may take time for your body to adjust to 180..sometimes plateaus can last for many many months. You may only be able to get down and stay down, say 5 pounds below 180 per year...that in itself ia accomplishment when the norm is to gain 5 pounds with increasing years.

There's nothing wrong with staying at 180..but you're desire to go below that may be part of your success in maintaining versus regaining.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...