Saturday, June 29, 2013

Can We Admit Our Own Problem?

Hello Weight Losing Fans...

Today I stepped up onto the New Magical Mystical Digital Scale weighing in at 213.2-Pounds.

I was listening to a radio program driving here to the library. On the program the doctor was talking about a woman who was over weight, and joined weight watchers only to quit and regain all her weight. Along with that she had other issues to include high levels of mercury, and other heavy metals in her system, which add to that a bulging disc in her neck...

OK, I am not a doctor... I repeat, I am not a doctor... And if you are falling apart, perhaps it's wise to go see an alternative doctor who diagnoses the problems with your system...

Over and over again in the past I have emphasized that there may very well be a good reason why you are gaining weight... But, that isn't for me to determine.

I can say for me..., well it's simple, I have eaten too much of the wrong things. OK, I have my aches and pains and perhaps should see an alternative doctor too...

However, when it finally comes down to the nitty gritty, it's the amount of, and the kind of food that I consumed that got me where I was... This included many years ago pounding down two liters bottles of Coke, and Dr. Pepper, and drinking big gulp sodas with impunity. It included consuming whole large pizzas all by myself. It included pounding down two or three plates of food at the family picnic.
It included eating a whole bag of Oreos Cookies in about half of a day....

That is correct, I brought my obesity on me....

And, when I regained it all again... I went back to doing some of the things I did before.

So there is no one to blame, or anyone single illness (well maybe mental illness) for my weight.

And, that's the "Cold Hard Reality."  And, I do sympathise with someone who is predisposed to gaining weight because of a physical illness that is yet to be diagnosed....

However, the hardest thing to do is to do a personal-check-up-from-the-neck-up. 

It's hard to face the reality that I, or you may be personally responsible for over consuming the food you eat.

Let's accept that food makers develop food that is "Oh So Yummy."  And, I would love to sit around drinking ice cold Dr. Peppers, or tall glasses of sugar filled lemon teas... The reality is that sugar is my nemesis...

The reality is too much bread is my nemesis...

The reality is, I can't pop into my mouth a bag full of cookies, or chocolates...

I can't, and you probably can't either.

But, we were raised on all these goodies, and our parents probably weren't aware of what they do to condition us to eat the wrong stuff.

Plus, add to that insatiable hunger, and some goodies, which is a nice formula for disaster with our weight down the road.

NOPE, it's not some external thing, or illness that got me... It was the food I was eating.

Now I am cutting way back. It's SO HARD to do.

How about you? What is going to help you finally realise that you have a food consumption issue?

I don't know.

Bye for now....!

That's the way it is... I'm David Dane...!

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

You're making some great progress--way to go! And you're on the money about 'too much food'. It is hard to admit that 'too much food' is the crux of the problem, but that is the truth in the vast majority of weight issues. I know it is for me.

It is all too easy to slide back into old habits of overindulging ourselves with food and before you know it the scale is going up. The key to keeping it off is vigilance--for life. Sure, we all want to eat all that good food, but we have to choose--do I cave and regain or do I deny myself and maintain.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...