Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Learn To Walk Away

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 183.2-pounds. That's up from yesterday.

I was reading on another blog how long it took someone to lose 1 pound. She hit a new record for her weight loss. She lost one more pound after working at it for what seemed like months.

This can happen to anyone. Our bodies are stubborn. Throughout life we have developed eating habits that have caused us to gain weight. Usually it's because of an inordinate intake of carbohydrates like sugar, and flour products. Our body gets overwhelmed trying to process the glucose in our system, and we develop a thing called hyper-insulinism.

The long of the short is we begin gaining fat. We are conditioned to eat every time we get hungry. Then we develop eating habits that are deconstructive.

I can't speak for this woman. I can speak for myself. I have developed habits that were deconstructive. I developed the habit that when I was hungry, I ate until I was full. I had to make sure when I ate, I didn't walk away hungry.

Well, that's too much food. It's not even enough to say that I will walk away from food when I am just a little hungry. It's too late to walk away when only just a little hungry. Find your calorie count for the food you are going to consume, and then when you hit the numbers of calories you have allocated for the day, then walk away from your meal.

I couldn't rely on a feeling to walk away from food. I could only depend on a preset calorie count. When that calorie count was reached, I had to put down my spoon and fork. It was over. Some times that may have been early in the day.

I might have eaten a large breakfast that used up most of my 1,500 calories. It's easy to do while eating at a breakfast buffet. If this was so then I had to walk away. That was it.

I didn't like those terms, but if I wanted to lose weight, then I had to give up my food. I don't like it still.

Number counter when I posted: 3642

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...