Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Weight's Out Of Control, Will A Resolution Help?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 188.8-pounds.

Yesterday, and the day before it, were worse than this weight.

I came in at 192-pounds two days ago, and then yesterday was 191.4-pounds. Ooooh.....

David, OINK! Yes, you are right to chide me... Ha, see if I care... Tee, Heee...

Honestly though, I haven't been real happy about this. It's more because I have been wanting to reduce down to a better weight than 180-pounds.

I was hoping to reach 160-pounds, perhaps maybe stopping at 170-pounds along the way. This is only because I have received so much criticism regarding my physical appearance.

People have commented that I would look too skinny at 160-pounds. Maybe they are right about that. However, 180-pounds puts me into the critical weight range of being over weight.

I don't care what the critics say, my frame is a small boned frame. I can get away with being down some more pounds.

Well, the critics say, "Your eyes would look sunk into your head." Yeah initially they would, until the weight redistributes itself.

Three days ago I wrote into my food log a resolve sentence. I wrote that I resolved to eat far less food than I have been.

I have been blasting through the 2000 calorie intake far too many day in a row. Many times I have actually consumed more than 3000 calories a day. Oh, shame on me....

Do you see what has happened? I have blown past 180-pounds, and regained as much as 12-pounds. For many this would cause panic. For me it's cause me some disappointment.

Am I a bit put out? Some...

Yet, I know that these things, such as regaining weight, are the realities of losing weight. Many times I have written that this is the "Battle Of The Bulge." Recently I haven't been writing very much. I haven't been very inspired to write. There are many places on the Internet a person can go to for advice. There are thousands of blogs out there.

This said, I have seen that I still have people who check in to see what I am doing. There haven't been many, but a few have.

I really don't know if I can be much of an inspiration for anyone.

Adding In Some Exercise May Help
Since I decided to lose this last regained weight, I added in just a little bit of jogging. It's not much. Snails, and slugs move faster on the sidewalk than I do.

I have to suffer through the mental anguish that I can't do what I did 25 years or so ago. My body has become rickety, and I feel much like the "Tin Man" from the "Wizard of Oz." My joints scream for oil. My muscles cry out ouch. My breath has been heavily labored.
My brain has said, "David, you are an idiot. Stop, or I'll give you a heart attack."

I have realised that in order to push myself beyond what I have been able to do with portion control, I may have to add exercise to the mix. It's not an option that I have been looking forward to.

I have a friend who has weighed in on my attempts to get my "arse" into gear. He has warned me, "Don't do too much too soon." Yep, he's right.

I like you wanted to see progress rapidly. I am risking injury as a result.

So, as the summer progresses, let's just see how I do.

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...