Saturday, June 27, 2009

Who's Responsible To Lose That Weight Anyway?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 187-pounds.
That's down from yesterday.

I commented on someones blog who wrote something about letting people hold someone accountable for their weight loss.
The person claims that weight loss is a community affair, and that it's inspiring to others.

I am not going to name the person, or try to embarrass anyone.

Here is how I view the community weight loss thing: "Bull Crap."

I am not saying that I don't think people need a coach if let's say they want to play golf. I am not saying that people don't need help once and a while gaining a concept.

I am not against community efforts when it comes to let's say launching the Space Shuttle, or building a giant airplane.

What I do have a problem with is expecting someone to coach you to lose weight, and exercise some. Here is why. This is a life long commitment to lose weight.

When I embarked on this "personal challenge," I didn't have anyone to help me. No one was around to help me keep the food out of my mouth that got me bloated in the first place.

I certainly don't expect anyone to be around to help me keep my sticky fingers off the sticky cinnamon buns.

And, who am I going to call anyway, "Eaters Anonymous?" Who am I going to tell that I am tempted to eat more than I should?

No, this weight loss thing is my baby. No one, not anybody on this planet, can keep me from putting into my mouth the things that I shouldn't.

On the other hand there are plenty of people out their who can tempt you to overeat. Isn't that strange?

I have a cousin who insists that I eat the cake she makes. I have friends who want to dine out and waste money. It's not enough to sit at a clean kitchen table to eat, drink, and talk there. No we have to have the atmosphere too.

Meanwhile all my friends are fat, except two. One guy runs a lot, and if he didn't he would surely blow back up to where he was two years ago. He knows it too.
But, I can't call him up and say, "Did you run today?" He'd get real tired of that, and so would I.

Here is what I am trying to say; It's up to you to go through what ever it takes to lose weight. No one can make you put down the donuts. No one can make you reduce down your food portions. No one is going to suffer your hunger pains. No one lives in your skin.

It's up to you to finally have that little talk with yourself that will give you the resolve you need. You have to say to you, "What ever it takes, I am going to lose the weight I need to, and then keep it off."

I'm sorry, I can't do it for you. I don't want to either. I have enough to deal with on my own.

Does that sound mean? It's not. You have to live with you. You wake up in the morning, and you look in the mirror. You see those ripples of fat. What are you going to do about them?

You know what you eat; even in secret.

And, who on the Internet is going to tell me how to live? I can get some ideas, but ultimately every one's life experiences are unique.

I guess I have one or two people who watch what I write and get inspired by it. Honestly, I shouldn't be a steady diet. Eventually I expect someone to master their own appetite.

If you don't, and I don't then we will suffer the ultimate consequences. We'll get fat (Preponderant) and stay that way.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...