Monday, February 11, 2008

A Real Person, Who Lost Real Weight / Body Mass

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 178.6-pounds. Oops, thats 81.012-kilograms-body-mass. Phew it's hard to get used to the global economy. I keep forgetting I am in America.

This is now five days consecutively below that 180-pound target. Oops, I forgot it's supposed to be 81.647-kilograms-body-mass.

Now for you Americans who aren't used to the Metric System of calculating, I will continue to list for a while in pounds. Come on get with it, we're supposed to be a part of the global economy. Get with it all you weaklings. It's survival of the fittest.

Hey, don't look at pounds any more, those don't fit the system. It's Kilograms of body mass, don't you get it? Just kidding you... Oh come on...

I Am A Real Person
This morning I was thinking about what I would post today. I was also wondering who reads what I am writing?

Early on in my posting of this blog a woman from Australia contacted me. So far, this is the only woman from around the world I know of who has read my blog and then made a comment.

But, I am wondering, is someone from Great Britain reading this blog? Is someone else from Australia reading this blog? Has anyone who knew me in the past dared to Google my name: David Dane? How about some of the people who I had a brief time befriending, do they ever wonder what happened to me? Oh, I am such a Narcissistic Jerk.
I wonder.

When I started writing this blog, I was very reluctant to. I had a friend who was after me for four months. He kept at me to write on the Internet. Finally I gave in.

My first thoughts were, "What in the world can I write about?" Well, I thought that I would start writing about my weight loss. My hope was that someone somewhere would read what I was writing and then get inspired to lose weight.

Now, on the left of this blog is a list of archived posts that I have written. I am now over 300 posts. I have been at this blog since April of 2007.

I am writing, and telling you I am a real live human being. I was overweight. I had to figure out how to lose this weight, and lose it without killing myself. I stumbled along. I grunted and groaned as my body which seemed to be possessed by the Hunger Monster began it's fight to resist my efforts.

Why would I write this? Aren't we tired of the people who dump their emotions out onto the Internet and over the TV? I am. Tell me something, do you want to continue to drag your fanny up the stairs? For you British out there: Are you tired of dragging your bum up the stairs? Are you tired of huffing and puffing? I was. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired.

I now know how to get the weight off and keep it off. It wasn't easy. It's, "The Battle Of The Bulge." This is what we are fighting.

Let me make this easy for you. EAT LESS FOOD is my mantra.
How? Well, look at the archives. Read some of the things that I have been writing.

I have to get going because I am running out of time. Maybe I will continue later.

Speaking of Real Life People: Read what a real woman Dinah Soar wrote about using Coconut Oil; click on Dinah Soar.

6 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Heh...I'm real and I'm in New Zealand. ;)

David Dane said...

Thankyou ebsfwan

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now, I found it through Jake Silver's blog. I appreciate your honesty in your posts. I am sure that your blog is helping people fight the battle of the bulge.

I have tried to get certain significantly overweight members of my family to check out your blog, but so far they react very negatively to any hints that they should do something about their excess weight. I guess I can understand that, but I also want them to be healthy.

David Dane said...

Thanks sdl

Dinahsoar said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog! and congrats on the now 5 day record....keep telling us to eat less food...I think it's interesting that you've shown people they can loose weight without exercising an hour or two a day...not that I'm discounting the health benefits of exercise...it is important to overall health..but many people are too discouraged to even attempt exercise, especially if they feel that they are too big. Also, people an see from reading your blog that you are not perfect...that if you want cookies you eat them, and at the holidays there were no forbidden foods....and you owned up to the consequences of eating too much food but got right back in the game and continued on.

David Dane said...

Thanks Dinah

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...