Monday, October 5, 2009

Do Parents Help Build Those Bad Eating Habits?

Hello weight losing fans....

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 191.2-pounds.

Today as I was approaching the library, I saw a very small child walking with a man. In this child's hands was a fairly large bag of Frito's Corn Chips. The little child was reaching in grabbing out chips and walking along as if this exercise was second nature to her. This child was a toddler. And the bag of chips she was carrying was half again as large as she was.

I was simply amazed at the dexterity of this child carrying a big bag of chips, walking along, eating, and then not dumping them as she went along.

I was also amazed that the bone headed man that was walking with the child was allowing her to consume Chips for a snack. I was thinking "Oh she's so young to learn to eat like this." But, this is what so many parents are doing these days. They never stop to think about the poor eating habits that they are allowing their children to develop. This happened to be a little black girl.

If you have ever paid attention; obesity is almost 50 percent in the black community. It's far worse than in any other "ethnicity" of people.

I can only imagine what this child will look like in 20 years. Will she be fat like so many black children that I have seen? I don't know. It makes me wonder though.

How about you? Are you having a hard time breaking those habits that caused you to gain unwanted pounds? I don't know.

If you are like me, then you have one heck of a time keeping your sticky fingers off of those snack foods; especially the sweets. (I saw a chocolate bar at the check-out counter the other night and then bought it on impulse.)

I am working to re-lose 10 pounds. It's so hard to do. I get so incredibly hungry. I have been working some unbelievably wacky hours as of late. This makes the matter even worse. It's hard to regulate my food. Ugh....

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...