Thursday, August 13, 2009

Will A Lot Of Praying End My Hunger?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 193-pounds.

I was talking to a friend about my unquenchable hunger. Mind you my friend has his own protruding package out in front of his tummy that could use some trimming.
Anyway, he seems to think that if I could just get satisfied spiritually, then my hunger would disappear.
Well, that's the way I am interpreting his reply to my complaint about being hungry.

And I have to wonder, if that's true, then why is he getting bigger?

Well, this just goes to show me that there are more than one people out there who have crazy ideas about dealing with this thing called hunger.

Yes, I am back at trimming down my total calories. I am back at eating less food, and drinking less calories. This afternoon I did go overboard with the pretzels. But, for the most part today I kept my food consumption within reasonable limits.

That written, I am dealing with the non-stoppable hunger that keeps gnawing away inside.
This morning I woke up at 3:00 AM. I was raving hungry. I was trying to figure out what to do. It was keeping me awake. I grabbed the rum, and swallowed down a shot.
This helped me get sleepy again so I could finish off the night.

Yes, it's tough losing weight again. I wish I didn't let my weight slip this far. But, over time I think I will see 180-pounds again. But, I wrote recently, that's it. I am stopping there. It's impossible for me to get down lower than that. I tried. No amount of calorie reduction was accomplishing my objective.
Even adding exercise in didn't matter.
------------------------------------------------------------
My food consumption for today: Early morning shot of rum (130 calories), 1 1/4 pound hamburger (290 calories), 1 hamburger bun (120 calories), 1 berry yogurt (270 calories), 2 cups milk (300 calories), 1 ounce peanuts (160 calories), 2 ounces of trail mix (360 calories), 4 serving of pretzels (4 x 160 = 640 calories), 1 hamburger bun (120 calories), 1 frozen meat paddy (150 calories), 1 Kelloggs Nutri-Grain bar (130 calories), 2 beers (300 calories). The total for today was: 2,970 calories. 600 calories of this was from beer and milk. Another 640 calories was wasted because of my indulging in the pretzels. Think about that the next time you are at a sporting event chowing down those beers, and pretzels.
----------------------------------------------------

It just goes to show, that it doesn't take much to run up those extra calories.

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane

2 comments:

A said...

I'm seeing weight progress. Too early to be sure, but it looks like the pounds are eeking off. This morning, it looks like I dropped another pound. I'm suspect, but I'm pretty confident I am going the right direction.

Ran five miles yesterday. It took a few steady weeks, but it is starting to make an impact, as is watching my food intake.

David Dane said...

Well, I see a few extra feathers that need some trimming there hawk... LOL.....

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...