Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Body Temperature Seems To Be Rising

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 204.4-pounds.

That's up again.

My Body Temperature Seems To Be Rising
About a week ago I listened to a radio program called Coast-to-Coast. On the show a doctor was talking about the thyroid, and how important it is in so many bodily functions.

One of the things he talked about is the thyroid gland is a very reactive organ in that it readily absorbs iodine. But, because it is such a reactive organ, it also can absorb other chemicals in our diets that have other chemicals ending in the .........ine. For example, it can readily absorb benzine, bromine, chlorine, etc. on the list goes.

He mentioned that most Americans don't consume enough green foods that contain Iodine. As a result the other chemicals displace the iodine in the thyroid. This displacement of the critical chemical of Iodine results in the thyroid malfunctioning.

The malfunction of the thyroid that most often takes place is commonly called hypothyroidism.
Hypothyroidism is a "slowing" down of the thyroid in that it's not producing appropriate levels of hormones that help the body function properly.

Well, one of the side effects of hypothyroidism is a malfunction of the hypothalamus. The hypothalamus is critical in regulating the bodies responses to metabolism.

Often an under active hypothalamus gland is found to be responsible in the body being unable to metabolise body fats.

It's very complicated, and if you want to know more about it, then I suggest you google the Internet for more information.

I Decided To Start Taking Action
I did a test that's very simple. In the morning put a thermometer under the armpit. Take the temperature in that location.

If the temperature falls into the temperature zone that mine has for the last ten days, then the odds may be good that the thyroid is hypo-active. Mine has been falling below 97 degrees consistently for the last ten days.

I believe that my low body temperature is because my thyroid is slow or poorly functioning.
I believe that is because I don't get enough Iodine in my diet.

I went to the health food store and purchased desiccated bovine thyroid, and kelp capsules.

I started taking one thyroid tablet a day. Now I am up to 2 thyroid tablets twice a day, and four kelp capsules a day. I take them in the morning, and at night before I go to bed.

My morning temperature hasn't gone up, but my waking temperature seems to have gone up. I am now measuring over 98 degrees. This is up from measuring as low as 96 degrees during the day a week ago.

I am hoping that this regiment will increase my metabolism which in turn will help me regulate me lose more weight.

I don't know if it will work. It's too early to tell for sure.

I have been cautioned by some people in the medical profession that I can seriously injure myself doing this.

Well, how about the fact that I have been in this condition for a very long time. No doctor that I have ever seen has ever suggested that I have my thyroid checked.

The medical establishment is not trained to look carefully at the thyroid gland. They rely on a test that they use to diagnose the conditions of the thyroid.

The easiest test is to take your temperature. If you were like me, chubby, and your body temperature was way low, then you probably have a poor thyroid gland.

You may be able to increase your thyroid just by using Iodine liquid, or using kelp that's inexpensive, and can be purchased at the health food store.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

1 comment:

David Dane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...