Thursday, October 21, 2010

Another Down Day; Which Is Actually A Good Day

Hello weight losing fans....

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 203.2-pounds.

Can you believe that? It wasn't 10 days ago that I was tipping the scale at 211-pounds.
Woo Hoooo ... !!!!!!!!

Question: How long will this last? Oh that seems like such a pessimistic question.
The reality has been I was down to 200 pounds a couple months ago. Then I turned around and started back up the poundage scale again. It was a very short time before I gained 10-pounds.

I tried to think what was causing this. I looked at my logs and thought, "Empty calories."
Where are the empty calories?

The answer was: I ate too much bread, one too many pieces of cake and, I was drinking beer at night after work.
I hate cutting out the beer. The issue is though, for every bottle of beer I drank, that was 145 empty calories.
Those two or three bottles of beer were impeding me from losing.
I already new this. But, I didn't want to give up the beer. And, I didn't want to give up the wine either.

If I was going to get back to where I should be, then I have to go back to sacrificing like I did in the past.

HEY......... You won't lose weight if you don't give up some of the goodies.
You won't lose weight if you aren't keenly aware of everything you drink; milk, orange juice, cool-aid, beer, or wines. Liquids contains calories, all except water, and non sweetened coffee, or teas.
You won't lose weight if you aren't keenly aware of all the food you eat.
You won't lose weight if you don't keep a count of every little calorie.

You have to figure out what you eat and drink. You cannot go absent minded throughout the day popping stuff in your mouth.

Let me tell you it's a pain in the back side. I get tired of writing stuff down, and I've been doing it for four year.

Good Habits are hard to develop, and are easy to break. Bad habits are easy to develop, and are very hard to break.

You are going to have to develop good eating habits. Then for the rest of your life you will always have to be ready for that moment in time when your flesh and will collapse.
That sounds pessimistic. But, it's the truth.

Most people who lose weight, regain it within a few short years.

This is a never ending battle.

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane.

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...