Friday, October 29, 2010

Please Pass The Honey, Honey!

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 204.8-pounds.

A Tablespoon Of Honey May Be Good For Your Brain At Bedtime.

Yesterday I was in the public library. I was going between the book racks looking for something.

I came across a book about, of all things, Bee Hive Collapse Syndrome. I was paging through the book, and in the back it was listing all the benefits of consuming honey.

One of the benefits that was listed was honey may actually help prevent the death of brain cells in young children.
The book stated that brain cells die because they run out of glycogen. In small children because they grow so rapidly, they consume large amounts of glycogen in the cells.
If a child goes to bed hungry that means his or her cells are low on glycogen. Some tests have shown children in developmental stages of life can actually have slower brain development because they are losing brain cells as fast as they make them.
The book was emphatic that the human cell dies immediately as soon as it's source of glycogen is gone. Brain cells are especially vulnerable to this phenomenon.

The conclusion was that honey has the two essential sugars that are necessary for glycogen production. Tests showed that children who were given a couple of table spoons of honey before sleeping resulted in children sleeping sounder, and with less restlessness.

Their conclusion was before you tuck Mary or Johnny in for the night, serve them up two tablespoons of honey. This will help the body keep just enough sugar on hand to supply the body with essential glucose.

Years ago I wrote that at night when I was hungry I used to slurp down a Table Spoon of honey. I got away from that.

My reasoning about this is I am going back to taking honey at night before I go to bed. Who knows, with my going to bed at night hungry, I may have actually killed what few brain cells that were left.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...