Sunday, October 17, 2010

Was It Food Poisoning Or Was It The Flu That Made Me Sick?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Scale weighing in at 205.4-pounds.

Yesterday I came down sick with some sort of flu virus, or was it food poisoning? I had muscle pain, and a fever at 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit. I had a real bad headache that lasted from when I woke up in the morning until early this morning.

I went to work and I could barely sit in my seat because my back and buttocs hurt so bad. So I dragged out 6 hours of work. I then went home and went immediately to bed.

I slept from 11:30 in the morning until 4:30 PM, at which time, I took a hot bath and soaked. I was hoping to sweat out in the bath the virus. I went back to bed and slept until 7:30 PM, at which time, I got up and took another hot bath. I soaked for over half an hour.

Another one of the things I struggled with all day was continuous heartburn. I was not vomiting, but my stomach had this volcanic burning in it that kept producing burning bile that would come up my throat.

I had no appetite anymore, and felt like I didn't dare eat anything more than the peanut butter on a bun that I ate for breakfast.

The day before some of my patrons on the bus gave to me a big bag of Greek food. There was some stuff in there that I didn't recognize including a aluminum foil tray of something that looked liked vomit.

Later that night I began to experience some strange symptoms which included heart burn which wouldn't go away even with my hydrochloric acid pills. I began to feel a little bit achy.

The next day (yesterday) I woke up with a full blown headache and progressively worsening muscle pain.

I am glad I only worked part of the day because I went home to sleep. And I am glad that I am off today because I am still recuperating, and don't know if I will have a relapse.

I don't usually get sick. The last time I had symptoms like this was well over a year ago. If I get a scratchy throat I usually start gargling with salt water, and take some cough drops, then soak in a hot tub. This was different, it came on suddenly, and there wasn't anything that I could take to treat the symptoms.

Well, hopefully I am getting better. I still have some aches and a slight headache. But, I think I will be ready to go to work at 5 AM tomorrow morning.

That's all for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...