Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Exercise And Diet Will Get The Results You Want

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 203.8-pounds.

That's better than the last two days. It's no where I want it to be.... My goal is still 180-pounds.

Today I was talking with a friend. This guy is an energizer bunny. He just loves to get out there and run for exercise. As we were talking he boasted that he lost a pound. Goodie......

I asked, "How did he do it?" He admitted that he exercises. But, he tossed in one more element into that weight loss mix: (And this is what I have been preaching.) "Eat Less Food." He admitted that he's had to cut back on his food consumption.

Well, well, well, well I thought; he's finally gotten it.

All along he's been telling me that I have to exercise. That will burn those extra calories.
Yeah, maybe. My experience has been that as I was running, my appetite increased accordingly.

Last year when I did some running, I was actually getting hungrier.

I am not knocking exercise. I knock the idea that exercise is the sole discipline needed to lose weight. I know the theory behind it. If someone burns more calories they will lose weight.

My contention is, and has been that someone must watch as carefully how much food is being eaten.

We all eat more than we should. By that I mean, we consume more calories than we need to live on. Short of having a really active lifestyle, we all probably should cut our calories in half.

We should eat only one or two pieces of bread a day. We should only consume about 6 ounces of some kind of meat each day. We should all eat more fruits and vegetables than we do.

When I say we should eat more vegetables, we should also monitor the calories on those as well.

I don't eat as many green vegetables as I did years ago when I first got started with this weight loss program. I used to eat a lot of green beans, and salads, along with my regular foods.

Hey, it's tough to stick to the weight loss program. We all have those days when we falter. It's normal.

I have been working diligently to get back on the wagon and stay there. Yet, last night I ate just a little bit too much Strawberry Ice Cream. I knew I shouldn't have purchased that the other day. So, I blew it..... Yah, Yah, Yah........

I am human... It wasn't me, it was temporary insanity.

That's all for now...

And that's the way it is, I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...