Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Just How Many Calories Are In That Big Scoop Of Rice Anyway?

Hello weight losing fans...
(9440)
Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 207-pounds.
That's the same as yesterday.

I have a video today showing what I ate for breakfast on MONDAY, February 7, 2011.
I actually had two bowls of cereal. The first one I ate, and then I decided that I wanted to video the breakfast and post it.
Again this isn't my breakfast for today....



As I have stated before I eat regular food just like anyone else does. This was my breakfast a few days ago.

Food Portions; Cooked Versus Uncooked
Today I mentioned that my mom was buried one year ago today. I miss her so much.

Today I compared a 1/2 cup portion of dried uncooked rice to a two cup portion of cooked rice.
They were both the same calorie count of 465 calories.

They look so much different; cooked and uncooked. And when estimating food like this someone has to consider that food puffs up and gains volume when cooked in water because the food soaks up the water.

See the video to learn more:


That's all for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...