Sunday, January 20, 2013

Just Above 235-Pounds

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the "New Magical Mystical Digital Scale" weighing in at 235.8-Pounds...

I'll take it...

I don't consider a weight to be permanent until I stay there for about a week... I haven't stayed at 235 for more than three days, let alone one week... So I don't consider this a permanent weight. And I don't expect to see 234-Pounds tomorrow or anytime soon...

That said, I have stayed below 240-Pounds, and consider this weight to be the last line, or my fire line. The reason I am writing that is because I was up over 240-Pounds just because I ate a late night meal of a few pieces of chicken. With that inconsistency I don't consider I have made progress.

So I say the 240 is sort of like my fire line. For those of you who don't know this: there was a time when I was actually around 260-Pounds. That was back in the year 2000, and long before I ever considered posting a blog.

Well, now that I have written a lot of nothing, let's get on to another thought: Can I know that I am going to weigh less?

I think the answer is YES.

It has to do with the "hunger quotient." Now that's not some technical term that I got from magazine or scientific journal. That's my own made up idea.

So here comes my less than scientific idea: Are you hungry when you finish eating?

It's a question I ask myself lately. "Am, I hungry." If I am satisfied when I walk away from the meal then I almost know for sure I am not going to lose anything. Let me tell you it's not easy to deal with either. Hunger is awful. I know.

Hunger is the stumbling stone we all deal with. We don't like pain, and Hunger is Painful.

But, if we don't feel hungry, then we have enough calories temporarily in us to keep our bodies from using that body fat as fuel.

Believe me, I don't like it anymore than you do. But, when I was much more devoted to losing weight, hunger was one of the things I looked for as a way to know I am losing weight.

It's a hard thing to accept I know, but most of us over eat. And, unless we are a tri-athlete who needs a lot of extra calories to live and function, we most often pack away more food than we need.

I am as guilty as anyone. And, I like Cinnamon rolls, Ice cream, chocolate cake, cookies and on the list goes. And don't think for five seconds I can always stop at just one. 

I can't, and neither can you....

That's why we're packing on the extra pounds.

The other day I was at work. There was this fellow bus driver who is very, very large. He rolls out of the place. I felt sorry for him, and thought he must have a gland problem. That was until I watched the guy eat one day, and also saw what he eats.  I am sorry, he's got an eating problem... He eats way too much food, and that's why he's got problems.

That's the reality, and it's so hard to accept...

Now, I am not your conscience. I am not your guiding light. What do you have to do to lose weight?
I can't answer that for you.

All I can do is share some of my ideas:  It F.......G sucks losing weight.....

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane.

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...