Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Get On Supplements

Hello Weight Losing Fans....

Today I stepped up onto the New Magical Mystical Digital Scale weighing in at 214.2-Pounds.

That's a tiny bit higher than yesterday.

I am laughing ... I mentioned a few days ago I am not going to tell what I am doing. As a result my views went from a paltry 90 views a day, which was steadily increasing, all the way down to 13 views or less a day.... What's up with you readers out there?
Everything I do is no secret. ...

I am not going to regurgitate everything I have said.

Now if you are like me, and you lost a great amount of weight then most likely you are at a loss for what happened. I kid you not, I went back to the very careful diet I used to get all those pounds off before.  This time, I actually started gaining weight. Yeah, that's true...
I couldn't get those pounds off even at a consistent 1,500 calories or less.

What changed? My body adapted. Not only did I get careless when my mom died six years ago, but when I tried to get back on track. It was just to darned late.

I drive a truck for a living. For meals, I would carry apples, oranges, and bananas. I would eat one meal a day out in the truck. It didn't matter.. On came the pounds. I didn't post this, but a few months ago I was up at 225-lbs.

Something else happened, I went into what is called hypothyroidism. Everyday I wake up and take my body temperature. The thermometer would read 95-96 degrees. That's just way too low.
I tried everything that I could think of to boost it. Short of going to the doctor for medications.
And just to let you know, I am a 57 year old man who does not use any medications.  I don't use anti-depressants, thyroid medicines, diabetes medicines, blood pressure medicine, or anything else.
I am very rare indeed. And, I am as potent as a 19 year old.. (figure that out.)

I do however use a lot of different supplements. And, if you or anyone else is on a calorie restricted diet, or any of the other odd ball weight loss programs, along with Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers, you really should be on supplements.

Now the average doctor really doesn't know that much about supplements. In fact I recommended to my neighbor who is 80 she should start taking supplements: I.E. sublingual vitamin B12 (metholcobolimum), a tablespoon of coconut oil each day, metholated folic acid, and a real good B complex, a teaspoon of black molasses each day. A drop of Lucos Iodine or potassium Iodine each day.  ... and if nothing else, Magnesium Glycinate.
She said let me ask my doctor.  Well, she asked her doctor and he said she doesn't need them...

Well, here is her results, (ten years ago her mind was sharp as a tac. Now, she can't remember what she did yesterday or five minutes ago.)  She's losing her memory, and she's losing her drive.
This normally very healthy fit woman is losing it only because the food she eats isn't enough.

If you will look at supplements as the additional food you need, instead of just taking pills as the doctor calls it, then you will be more ready to accept and use them.

My first meal of the day was  1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon lemon juice in one cup water. ( be sure to brush your teeth afterwards with baking soda, or the lemon juice will eat away your enamel.) 2 mugs of coffee with one scoop of coconut oil. Later I ate two cold chicken thighs, and a cup of cottage cheese. I made another cup of lemon juice and cayenne pepper in distilled water. I chug that down. In the evening I had one cup of Cottage Cheese, a mug of coffee, with MCT oil in it.

My body temperature went up to 98 degrees.

As always: I screen your comments. Therefore you won't see them immediately when you post. If I don't like what you say, I delete it...  You don't get to crap on me or the people who look at this blog.


That's the way it is... I'm David Dane...!

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

My experience parallels yours. I now take supplements too, B12 ,B complex and vitamin D daily; magnesium as needed. I reduced my sugar intake and increased my fiber. I increased my fat intake (low fat diets are not healthy imo) and predominantly use coconut oil. My cholesterol values have improved drastically. Down from 290's to the 250's. Weight is stable and within 5 pounds of my goal weight. Knee problems curtailed some of my physical activity which led to the slight gain in weight. None of my doctors promote supplement use either.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...