Friday, November 6, 2009

Look Into Hydrochloric Acid For The Stomach

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 184.2-pounds.
You read that right, it's not a typo-graphical error: 184.2-pounds.

Is Your Low Stomach Acid Affecting Your Weight Loss?
I am going to share with you something that has helped change my dieting strategy.

I discovered that I was having a problem with my digestive tract. Yes, I was having problems with constipation, and heart burn. I haven't struggled with heart burn for over three years. Recently though it has come on me quite regularly.

Recently as I was attempting to put an edge on my dieting by adding in more protein and less carbohydrates, I found that I was plugging up. I also found that I was having heart burn along with a bloated feeling most of the day after eating.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I started using Metamucil, hoping that would fix the problem. Well, it didn't fix anything. I was still feeling plugged up, bloated, and getting heart burn.

I didn't consult a doctor. But, I heard something that peeked up my interest. I was listening to a doctor on the radio talking about Hydrochloric Acid in the stomach. In most adults the Hydrochloric Acid goes down to under productive levels. What happens is when we age we begin losing the ability to produce enough stomach acid to digest our food.

The end result is the symptoms that I described previously.

Well, I went to the health food store and purchased a name brand Hydrochloric Acid Tablet.

The results have been Phenomenal. Gone is the bloated feeling that I had all day. Gone is the heart burn that kept coming up into my throat. Finally once again everything is moving up and out like it should in regular fashion.

My suggestion to you is you look into purchasing some Betaine Hydrochloric Acid from your local health food store. This is especially true if you are on a High, Fat Protein Diet like that of the Doctor Atkins' Diet. (Of course do consider consulting your personal physician first.)

As you can tell by the numbers. It seems to be helping me get the results that I have been looking for. Just check out the numbers...

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

I used to take that back in the late 1970's...I'd had my gallbladder removed in the early 70's and began having some digestive issues..the HCL with betain made all the difference....I took it unti the bottle was gone, then stopped, found I no longer needed it.


I should check into it again..I've heard as we age, our bodies produce much less HCL, and that, in fact, most people who suffer with indigestion do so because of too little stomach acid versus too much..but doctors always put them on antacids which only makes the problem worse.

I'd think it would be reasonable to assume the doctor would check and see which issue you have causing the indigestion--too little or too much acid. But no, that is usually not the case.

I've read that if your are experiencing indigestion, a good test to see if you are low on stomach acid is this: when you are having a bout of indigestion take some vinegar in a little water..if too much acid is your problem the vinegar, which is an acid, will make your indigestion worse. If it doesn't, then you probably need to take HCL with Betaine.

I think a lot of people are scared of the idea of putting hydrochloric acid in their stomachs..but if you don't have adequate acid, your food won't be broken down and many of the nutrients you need will not be absorbed by your system.

David Dane said...

Dinah thanks. That tablet is actually an actuator or a catalyst to Hydrochloric Acid. I also did do the vinegar test. It did what you wrote. I used vinegar to calm down acid stomachs. I used the raw apple cider vinegar.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...