Sunday, November 1, 2009

I Still Get Very Hungry... Is There Something Wrong With Me?

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 189.2-pounds.

That's down some.

Something Must Be Wrong With Me
Today I was talking with someone at work. I saw that he has lost a tremendous amount of weight, as much as 45-pounds.

I think this is great. I asked him what he was doing to lose this kind of weight. He told me that he was doing the Atkins's diet. He said that he had really high blood sugar many months ago, and as a result his job was in jeopardy when he got his physical.

Well, I pressed him to find out how much food he really was eating. He told me that he might eat some scrambled eggs, a piece of sausage and then that would be it for the day. He said his stomach must be shrinking because he doesn't have the desire to eat as much as he did.

I asked him if he ever gets hungry. He said no he never gets hungry anymore. I was simply amazed when I heard that.

I asked him what else he eats. He said he hasn't had any bread for months. He said he has given up on all of the sweets, etc.

Now, here is where I have the problem. I never stopped getting hungry. I also never stopped wanting to eat a big thick piece of chocolate cake. I also have an incredible desire to eat chocolate.

He's not the only one that I have heard have suddenly found they don't get hungry on their diets. Time and time again I have heard the people from certain well known dieting companies boast they feel satisfied with the minuscule meals they are sold for just three or five dollars a meal. One such food company said they can sell you a three meal plan for just $15.00 a day.

Well, that's all well and good. Someone can buy a meal at three dollars a meal. But, one such meal was just a baked potato with sour cream, and shredded cheese on top.

I wrote all of that to say this. I don't believe that my co-worker, or any of these people who are boasting about not being hungry on these carefully planned balanced meals that are advertised on the radio, or TV never get hungry. I just don't believe it.
If that's true, then I want the magical-pixie-dust that's being tossed on top of their food that abates those hunger pains.

I keep getting hungry....

I am wondering if these people who are boasting they don't get hungry anymore, and they are satisfied after a tiny meal are lying. Because I have been losing weight for three years now, and I have never lost my hunger after I eat.

I am also wonder that if these same people were so easily satisfied after eating, the why in the world did they blow up like balloons? It really makes me wonder.

Then it makes me wonder if I myself might have a serious problem, because I can still pack in a big meal in one sitting, and then turn around and get more. I never lost my appetite.

Oh well, I guess I'll never get the answers that I am seeking. I guess I never will get over my incessant hunger, even after three years of trying. I guess I never will get over my craving for a cinnamon bun in the morning, a piece of cake for dessert, and that ever nagging calling candy bar.

I suspect you won't ever get over your hunger either. If you did then you wouldn't be having such an incredible hunger.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...