Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Weight's Half Way To Where I Want It So Far

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 185.4-pounds.
Yes, that's right, it is 185.4-pounds.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I have unleashed a flurry of rhetoric these last two days. Most of it was in the form of a diatribe.
When I started posting this blog two years or so ago, I used to try to be sensitive and gentle.

I wrote about being preponderant. Well, now I am writing "Hey, you're fat. What are you going to do about it?" Oh, I am going to write about my life experiences. This is the reason I keep jamming the sugar donuts into my over blown puffed face.

I thought that if I were sensitive, then maybe I would draw a crowd of readers that would be interested in what I had to say about weight loss. I after a year or so found myself very board with the subject. I also had a very difficult time thinking about how many different ways I could write these words: EAT LESS FOOD....

Yeah, I couldn't figure out what I was going to say anymore. I also found that I was actually beginning to realize after following many blogs that most people aren't really serious about losing weight and then keeping it off. Someone actually got critical at me because I was critical of the "Weight Watchers Mentality." I personally think they act very cult like in their devotion to counting points, instead of calories.

I know what their reasoning is. The points take into account the carbs., the fat content, as well as those calories. It's a so called easy system.

Well that person has admitted that after having lost so much weight he has regained much of it.
So much for all of his efforts.

I also have read about a devoted mother who writes so well and gets so many comments. When I gave her some of my comments she started deleting them.

I have another friend who thinks he is so smart. Look at me I run like a chicken with my head cut off. Well, we'll see when that snow flies.

Time and time again I have seen people join this program, and then that program. Only then after a few seasons end up dropping the program.

To be honest, it doesn't matter to me what any body else does. I really don't care if I get a comment, or if someone coaches me on. I don't care if someone thinks that I am mean.

In the end, I am the one who has to hitch up my britches. I can hitch them up while they are still loose, or I can hitch them up while they are so tight that I have to add notches to my belt.

I say what difference does it make what you write to me, or say to me on the other end of that telephone? When I am wrestling with my appetite, and fighting to control myself, the last thing I am thinking is, "oh, what about that comment?"

Do you really think my friends voice comes into my head and says stop, don't eat that? Yeah, only if they are sitting next to me. And, he/she better be careful, I might take a bite out of them.

No, I don't care. I don't care. Here is what I care about: Those little digital numbers on my Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale.
That's what matters to me.

I want to see if those numbers are going up, or if they are going down.

How about you? Yeah, you the one person left reading this because I have offended everyone.

What do those scale numbers tell you when you step up onto that scale?
If you aren't happy with what you are seeing then are you going to quit pumping food into your mouth?
That's the only way you'll lose that weight.

Oh, I don't have the will power. Oh, OK give me your address, and I'll come sew you mouth shut. Then you'll lose weight.

OH, David you need to be more kind. Can't we just trust you not to hurt our feelings?

Let me tell you something; Diabetes doesn't care about your feelings. It's a very serious illness that has all kinds of complications to include: permanent nerve damage, blindness, heart disease, to name a few.

Oh, but I exercise. That's good for a start. But, if you're packing on twenty or more pounds of jello then you may have some serious problems there. Not to mention you're delusional if you think you look attractive like that.

Oh, I am so mean... Well, go watch "The Biggest Loser." See if they are really any nicer.
I can't understand why anyone would allow themselves to be humiliated like that in public.

It takes all kinds I guess.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...