Wednesday, November 4, 2009

More Weight Loss Diatribe....

Hello weight losing fans....

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 187.4-pounds.

That's down from yesterday. Hmmm...; we'll see how long this lasts.

Yesterday I unleashed some of my thoughts about weight loss. I had a friend tell me that I am mean.

OK... I'm mean. But, how about that disease you're going to contract from being over weight? How about that type-two diabetes that so many people are getting; to include many of my personal family members? Do you think that's any less cruel?

And, I really do get tired of certain people who are clueless about what I am going through thinking that their advise to me matters. It doesn't matter to me. Some of the advise is coming from people who's guts are getting bigger every year since I have known them.

As far as I am concerned no one walks in my shoes. No one walks in your shoes. I am the one who has to say no to the extra food. I am the one who has to put up with the hunger.

That goes for you as well.

I have a friend who makes money off of his blogs. People actually pay for his stuff. To me, it's just more junk that I can add to the junk I already have. What's a T-shirt that says "read books" going to do?

My friend thought that I should turn this blog into a money making blog. Well, I don't care if I make money off of some ones book.

Most of the diet books out there are worthless. Most of the dieting advise is worthless.
Most of the books out there are lying when they say you won't get hungry anymore if you'll eat this or that. BULL>>>>>>>

This morning I woke up at 6 AM. The cats were in my stomach in full force clawing at the insides of my stomach. I was rip roaring hungry. I ate breakfast two hours ago. I am hungry again.

But, again I hear, and read, you can be satisfied with the proper balance of food. Yes, if you'll carefully balance those foods, you'll be satisfied. BULL>>>>>>>

BULL>>>>>>>>>>

I have been at this for three years now. I never, not ever, not ever, ever, never, ever, no not ever got over that struggle with the hunger.

I have a book about nutrition. The book says just eat the right balance of foods, and quit eating when you feel satisfied. BULL>>>>>>>>>>

If I quit eating when I am satisfied then I would blow up like a balloon again in no time at all. It would be months, and then I would have all that weight back on.

Did you know that 70 percent of the people who go on a diet and lose weight, regain it all again with in five years? What does that tell you about much of the weight loss diets advice out there?

It doesn't work.

Here's my advice. Walk away from that meal feeling hungry. Only eat what you need. That would be a small piece of meat, some green vegetables, a small piece of fruit, and maybe a small amount of a carbohydrate like pasta or bread.

We really eat way more than we need to survive. I hate to write that, but my experience has shown this to be true.

Hey, if you don't like what I am writing then go look at someone Else's blog. Go find the information you really think will help you. Yeah, all those words, and all that fluff is going to help you lose that fat hanging on you like a blob.......

Yeah, pump up... Yeah cheer..... Oh I am so excited about losing weight. Yeah, that's until it gets late at night. You'll wake up and you'll feel that groaning in the stomach. Then you'll go to that refrigerator and open it. You'll look for something light and fluffy. It will be just a little midnight snack. Or, you'll open up that peanut butter jar and start spooning out scoops of peanut butter.

You'll rationalize that it won't have that much impact on your weight. I know, I have been there.
Yeah, you'll lose that weight. But, for now, you're hungry.

NOPE suck it up. It SUCKS trying to lose weight and then keep it off. IT SUCKS. I mean it.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...