Saturday, August 30, 2008

Revisiting The Idea Of Stomach-By-Pass-Surgery

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 181.6-pounds.
Let's not panic. I had a very large Chicken Burrito yesterday.
That thing was still in my guts this morning.

Yesterday I was talking with a friend that I work with. He was telling me that a friend of his and his wife was so desperate to lose weight, she went and had a stomach-by-pass-surgery done.

Dumb, Dumb, Dumb....They don't work.

The biggest problem with stomach-by-pass-surgery is that the person who gets the surgery runs the risk of suffering from malnutrition.

Folks listen: the stomach is made from flesh. The stomach eventually stretches. The by-pass-surgery is meant to reduce down the size of the stomach. The doctor sections off the bottom of the stomach, then puts the intestine into the top part of the stomach.

This works for a little while. The person who had it will lose weight. But, then as the person forces more food into that little pouch, the sack or pouch begins to stretch. As it stretches, then more food can go into the stomach.

Anyone who considers getting stomach surgery is being fooled by the doctor.

The day will come when someone who had by-pass-surgery will be seen regaining all of the weight eventually. By-pass-surgery will be some day deemed a failure. Just watch and see.

Number counter when I completed this post today: 5220

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

I'd be afraid of that kind of surgery...if I were desperate I'd do the band thing...it's temporary and they can adjust it or even remove it...nothing is changed permanently.

David Dane said...

Dinah thanks. My cousin had the band put onto her stomach. She lost a total of 14 pounds. Then she regained it. The stomach regains it's size after a while. It's one of those few organs that has the ability to stretch.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...