Saturday, August 2, 2008

Just "Eat Less Food," That's All You Need To Do

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 178.8-pounds. That's up 2-pounds from yesterday.

No worry, I am holding onto fluids. I have been taking a lot of medicine for symptoms to treat this summer cold. The medicine has sodium in it. It's causing me to hold fluids.

My head is still down, and I am charging for that next target range of 170-pounds. I will get there soon enough.

Many people still tell me that I have lost enough weight. However when I have my shirt off, and can see my belly, I know there is more fat there that must go. It's at least 20-pounds more.

Some people may say, "What does it matter?" To me it matters because my body isn't functioning like it should. It's better than it has been over these years, but it's not what it could be.

Some people seem to think having some extra fat is harmless. No, it's not. If I am storing too much fat, this means there is a problem somewhere. The problem is my eating.

If I have extra fat, this means that I am eating more than I need to survive. I hate to write it again, but we all eat more than we should.

We all pop one too many pieces of chocolate into our mouths. We all eat more than we should at the picnic. We all eat more than we should at home when no one is looking.

Not only do we eat more of what we need to survive, but we eat too much of the wrong things. We dump two or three teaspoons of white sugar in the coffee. We, eat treats for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We eat a bag of potato chips for a snack. We, just eat the easy stuff like cookies, candy, and chips.

At night when we are sitting in front of the TV, if we get an urge, we look in the refrigerator. If we can't sleep at night we go look in the refrigerator. If we need a snack, we grab the cookies.

You know what am saying. We don't pay close enough attention to what it is we consume. Then one day our health fails us many years before it should.

I am convinced we would be far better off is we gave up the goodies as our regular meals. I am convinced we would be far better off if we got our weights back to where they should be.

I am convinced we lie to ourselves worse than we lie to anyone else. We have convinced ourselves that this being over weight is our destiny. Then we live according to that thought.

You don't have to stay 40-pounds overweight. You don't have to stay 100-pounds over weight.

Just cut back on what it is you are eating, and then your body will do the rest of the work.

I have cut way back on my food consumption. I used to eat a whole pizza in one sitting. Now, I may eat one slice.

Here is the hard thing to do, once you start down the road to losing weight, you must stay with it forever. You won't see giant losses of weight initially. But, if you keep with your program, you'll lose the weight.

It took me almost one year to lose 60-pounds. Here is one year and eight months into my weight loss program, and I am struggling with my last 20-pounds.

It's hard to make those last pounds finally disappear. But, I will do it. Just wait and see.

"Eat less food," is my motto. Yep, you have to give up those extra things you think makes life bearable.

Don't do this weight loss thing for anyone but you.

In My Refrigerator are two small unopened bags of Oreo cookies, four or five very large cookies, several bags of potato chips, and unopened bags of candy. All these things were given to me.

These items have been sitting in my refrigerator for many months. I don't touch them. I may throw them away some day. The reason they are sitting there is because if I ate them they would ruin my calorie count for the day. They would be more sweets than I can have to keep burning up the fat. So they sit, and sit.

I have been tempted to open them and eat them. Only, I ask myself this question, "What do I have to give up to eat them." Do I have to give up some chicken or meat? Do I have to give up something else that's more beneficial?

I can have a large strip of chicken, or a can of tuna fish that is equal in calories to one small bag of cookies. The chicken or tuna fish is far more beneficial to me.

You need to make the same decisions. You have to decide what will I eat? Are you really determined to get down to a reasonable weight, or are you just playing at it?

You must decide how serious you are. I can't decide for you. I can't take the actions you need to take. I can't take the food out of your mouth. Only you can.

I don't want to be your conscience for anything. I am just sharing with you my experience. Go look at the side panel and read some of what I have written in the past. Perhaps you'll get inspired to get serious about your weight.

Number counter when I finished posting this today:4584

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is...I'm David Dane

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

That last 20 pounds is always the toughest...I've spent 10 months losing 15.7 pounds...because I don't have a lot of excess weight to lose, and because I'm doing it slowly, so I can eat more and stick with it forever. 36 years of dieting experience teaches you a thing or two or three or four..what not to do as well as what to do...even the failures are important information in the process :-D

David Dane said...

thanks dinah.... These last 20-pounds are a real devil too get off.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...