Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Back Under 180-Pounds, No Real Change In My Diet

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 177.6-pounds. That's down from yesterday. It's also only just 3.6-pounds over the record of 174-pounds.

Last year around this time I was over 180-pounds. I don't have the weight for last year, it's question marks. I looked at the days around the 25Th of February 2008, and found that I was up over 180-pounds.

I am surprised because this is a dramatic turn around. Only five days ago I was weighing in at 183.6-pounds. Hmmmm....?

Now, I haven't been doing anything different than I did except making darn sure I keep myself at my 1,500 calorie limit for the day. I have also made sure that I am avoiding as much sugar as I can. I have upped my ratio of protein to carbohydrates. I am eating more protein, and lowered those carbohydrates.

I am happy to see this downward trend. I am wondering how long it will last. I am wondering if I am now heading down toward 160-pounds.

We will see...

My Attempt To Quit Drinking Coffee
I have been a coffee drinker since I have been 19 years old. My addiction to coffee started when I joined the U.S. Army.

In the Mess Hall I frequented there was an open coffee fixture that could be accessed as many times as I wanted to walk back to it and fill my cup. I used to fill those white mugs time and time again, and then would add a thick layer of milk.

When I was in the field. Civilians call it camping. We called it field training. I remember getting the instant coffee packets in my rations kit. I would fill the tin metal field cup with water and then boil it over the stove in the tent. I then added my instant coffee. More often then not, it was way too strong. I drank it anyway.

At the Mess Tent, the coffee was brewed in a very large metal pot that was as tall as a kitchen trash can. It was just like in the movie "Mash." The mess cook would fill the pot with water and then dump the grounds of coffee directly into the coffee. The coffee was cooked not brewed.
This made a very strong brew. We would then ladle the liquid coffee off the top of the grounds that settled to the bottom of the pot.

That strong brew which was loaded with caffeine helped to hook me on coffee. Which is a habit I have had since.

After I left the military, and attended college, I used to sit in the local restaurant and drink pots of coffee late into the night.

My point is, I have been drinking coffee for years. I continued my addiction for caffeine throughout the day drinking Coke, and Diet Coke.

About three weeks ago, I decided to kick the Caffeine habit. I have been attempting to go cold turkey by just quiting the coffee, the Diet Coke, and Diet Dr. Peppers.

I am trying to give up my need for caffeine as a pick me up in the morning when I wake up. I am hoping that this is the reason I am seeing this progression in my weight going down. I am not sure that's it.

I haven't kicked caffeine completely because I still drink tea. I have cut the caffeine in half. It's a definite reduction in caffeine. I have been able to go days without my caffeine fix.
Maybe this is helping.

Bye for now...

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's great to watch the numbers come down! I was addicted to Diet Coke too ... and I finally was able to stop by taking Diet Kola Capsules instead. Diet Coke in a pill, but no aspartame, no caramel... so my brain is better and my teeth are whiter! see http://www.dietkola.com for more info! It's worth the $9!

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...