Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Diet Change Efforts Aren't Working

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 178.4-pounds.
That's down some.

I have been attempting to make a push for the illusive 160-pounds. I have gone so far as to reduce my carbohydrate intake down to almost none.

I have kept the caloric intake at around 1,500-calories. I have been practicing what is essentially called induction by the folks at Atkins.

Here is what I am finding. It doesn't matter. This morning I awoke and tested my urine. The test strip turned dark purple. This is supposed to mean that the body is stripping fat for it's glucose and kicking out the ketones as waste.

During the last few days, I have been turning the strips various forms of pink, to purple. Here I am sitting at the same weight.

Many years ago, I did this same thing and stripped sixty pounds of fat off my body. Now, I can't make a dent in my weight loss progression.

There isn't much I can do. I am at 1,500 calories a day. I am eating low carbohydrates. It's not working.

Oh well...

Bye for now....

And that's the way it is... I'm David Dane

No comments:

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...