Monday, March 2, 2009

Purple's In

Hello weight losing fans...

Today I stepped up onto the Magical-Mystical-Digital-Scale weighing in at 179.2-pounds.
That's up from yesterday. It ought not be.

I have read again some of the chapters of the Atkins's Nutritional System.
In my reading I found that when doing the induction system of Atkins there is a simple way to check my fat burning progress.
The device used to test fat burning is a Ketostix which can be purchased in bundles at the local Pharmaceutical Store.

I have been using test strips regularly to see if I am indeed burning fat. When the strip stays beige after being dipped in urine it means that there is no fat burning going on.
When the strip turns purple it means that a significant amount of keytones are passing out of the body. This is supposed to represent that my body is burning off significant amounts of fat.

This morning when I awoke, I tested my urine. The strip turned a deep purple. When I stepped up onto the scale I found I had gained weight.

I have been turning these test strips purple for days now. I should be down a significant amount of pounds. So it's said in the Atkins literature.

I have been practicing this phase of induction for what may be about two weeks. I have also been keeping my calorie count down. I should be at least 5 pounds below 180-pounds by now.

Nope, it's not happening. Purple is in with my Ketostix. I am not showing any real progress.

Now, I am going to get some zealous Atkins person pop in and tell me, "Go out and exercise."
You know what? When I lost 60-pounds in 2001-2002 using Atkins, I didn't break a sweat.
In other words, I didn't exercise at all.

I am waiting to see if I don't have one of those days where I wake up and I will see a very large drop in weight. I am thinking that I am at a very stubborn set point here.

When I lost sixty pounds during this weight loss season, I had days where my weight just dropped. I used to hit a set point, and stay there a while, then suddenly the weight would drop.

I will see if I am right. I am going to maintain this strategy. I am going to see if my weight won't change suddenly.

I am now eating meat, fish, fat, and cottage cheese. I have cut out carbohydrates, and sugars. I have for the most part cut out caffeine with my coffee.

I keep thinking I only have to get off 20-pounds. How hard can that be? Guess what? It's hard to do....

Bye for now...

And that's the way... I am David Dane

4 comments:

A said...

189.2?

David Dane said...

I changed that 189.2 to 179.2

Dinahsoar said...

Aggravating isn't it. All you can do is to keep plugging away, hoping at some point you will hit on what 'works'.

David Dane said...

Thanks Dinah... You are so right. I am wondering what will work.

 Hello Weight Losing Fans,  Today I stepped up onto the Digital Scale weighing in at 208.2-Pounds. My heart is very heavy with pain since my...